New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    guys,

gud morning.
    input naman jan regarding the problem/s or issues encountered by this model.
    this model is now on it's fifth yr so potentially , quality issues etc already manifested....

i might buy a second hand of this model this yr so i want to know what will i expect.

tnx in adavnce...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    makalampag suspension and matakaw sa fuel ....

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    This car is generally OK, check mo lang yung fuel tank strap if replaced already. Honda made a recall back in 2004/early 2005 yata yun. 03 kasi yung sa min and ang differences lang naman yata are; the external trims(lamps), meter clusters, stereo.

For a 1.6 liter car, (a/t) about average naman yung gas consumption, people are just overexpecting na sana mas-matipid pa sana as the Altis gives better mileage.

I would say that suspension is good, but probably not as good as the old EK, made in Thailand na kasi yung mga shocks. We've replaced the front shocks already at 35K, ang pangit naman kasi ng daan sa probinsya - rough road hehe.

I would still say that 02 Civic is a good buy, Just make sure you do the recommended procedure on how to check a 2nd hand car (marami yata dito sa forum nyan), check ko na lang and post ko later.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    tnx.
    hintay ko yung post mo para sa recommended procedure para may guidelines ako...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sir 2lits, paki try mo na lang itong link. There's also a sticky by Sir Theveed about Automatic Transmission, cant remember which forum was that (maintenance yata), it's a good read din. HTH

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/searc...earchid=425804

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was reading on the Club7thgen boards that some of the m/t versions had idling problems (related to a sensor and some ECU resetting i think) but the a/t versions had no problems if i read it right.

I have a '01 LXi, space-wise and comfort wise it's quite good. I replaced the shocks to KYB gas as i find the OEM's to be too soft and bouncy and also replaced a couple of bushings and one ball joint... so far so good. The engine isnt as torquey as a Nissan or Toyota (which probably explains why it's not as efficient as the Altis). Overall, it's n okay daily drive... don't expect EK Civic-like performance though.

2002 Honda VTI-S issue/problem