New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Good Morning to ALL,

I have a 2002 Honda City 1.3L. The problem is during running condition when the speed is about 60km/hr, the temperature is normal. But when I accelerate it to 80~100km/hr, for some time the temperature suddenly increases. Then I will decelerate to 40km/hr, the temperature becomes normal again. I just notice that the reservoir, has boiling water inside which sometimes spills out the reservoir.
    I have asked one technician, and said it was a problem on the gasket.
    Is it true?
    Please help me on this...
    Thank you in advance...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I had a similar problem on my 97 accord, turns out it was due to an under rated radiator cap.

Yours could be busted, if the gasket the technician was referring to is the gasket of the radiator cap, then you need to replace the radiator cap.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepsus View Post
    I had a similar problem on my 97 accord, turns out it was due to an under rated radiator cap.

Yours could be busted, if the gasket the technician was referring to is the gasket of the radiator cap, then you need to replace the radiator cap.
    +1. Yup, maybe a busted cap. Also, have your radiator cleaned and flushed, baka barado na.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Boiling fluid means your radiator is getting defeated by the high pressure.

Your SX8 City Type Z requires a radiator cap pressure-rated for 1.1 bar or higher - this should be written on it.

Do NOT go lower. If you're using a cap with a lower pressure rating, such as the usual 0.9 bar, you have to replace it.

Start with this fix first as a radiator cap is pretty cheap and harmless compared to the other fixes. I'd agree with a flush and fill of radiator fluid as well - do NOT use plain water.

2002 Honda City 1.3L overheat problem