New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    hi guys, Im in need uli with your advices. I am torn between this 2 models. Di ako maka decide kung ano ang kukunin ko.

1. 1999-2001 honda civic (either lxi, vti, vti-s)
    2. 2001-2003 honda city ( either type z, or idsi)

My working budget is 260-280k. plus 20k for repairs, accessories etc.

ano ano po ba ang major issues ng 2 model na ito at ano yung advantages and disadvantages nila.

Thank you so much sa mga makakasagot.

-lloydwena

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Mas maganda pa rin ang Civic kesa sa City. Pero mas tipid sa gas ang City, a major consideration in the wake of rising gas prices.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    anong model po ng civic marerecommend nyo?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    up ko lang siya

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi Lloyd, hindi ka pa din nakabili ng auto?

I own a 2000 Civic Vti a/t, for the ride comfort and reliability there's nothing to complain. Handling and looks what can I say? This model is for keeps I own mine for almost 9 years and I never thought to upgrade my Civic model.
    I like the Civic Sir body better than the Dimension body (ES) or the Vtec 3 model.

I have owned a City type Z model, a 1.5 vti top model 2000, comparing this to the Civic of course the ride and comfort advantage goes to the Civic, Fuel consumption a little advantage to the City but not that much. As for the later models 2003 up, I haven't driven or ride on one so I'm not in a position to comment.

It all boils down if what you want in your car, my suggestion would be to test drive all your cars of interest and also be a passenger to have a feel of the back seat. I hope you would get the most out of your money. Good luck.
    Last edited by ans_lim168; April 8th, 2009 at 04:59 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    Hi Lloyd, hindi ka pa din nakabili ng auto?

I own a 2000 Civic Vti a/t, for the ride comfort and reliability there's nothing to complain. Handling and looks what can I say? This model is for keeps I own mine for almost 9 years and I never thought to upgrade my Civic model.
    I like the Civic Sir body better than the Dimension body (ES) or the Vtec 3 model.

I have owned a City type Z model, a 1.5 vti top model 2000, comparing this to the Civic of course the ride and comfort advantage goes to the Civic, Fuel consumption a little advantage to the City but not that much. As for the later models 2003 up, I haven't driven or ride on one so I'm not in a position to comment.

It all boils down if what you want in your car, my suggestion would be to test drive all your cars of interest and also be a passenger to have a feel of the back seat. I hope you would get the most out of your money. Good luck.
    wow! thanks ans_lim! hindi pa ako nakakabili. naghuhunting pa din at nagreresearch. target ko, is makabili by first week ng may. (sana may makita na ako..)

thanks for the really great advice. actually, I am leaning talaga to civic sir body. andami ko nang nabasa at na research na positive tungkol dito. ano po ba pinagkaiba ng civic 99 sa civic 2000? and ano anong kulay ang inissue ng honda sa mga modelong yun? gusto ko kasi stock lang.. kung may mura ba ako na makitang honda sir, bakit hindi.. kaso ang mahal pa e. huhu.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydwena View Post
    wow! thanks ans_lim! hindi pa ako nakakabili. naghuhunting pa din at nagreresearch. target ko, is makabili by first week ng may. (sana may makita na ako..)

thanks for the really great advice. actually, I am leaning talaga to civic sir body. andami ko nang nabasa at na research na positive tungkol dito. ano po ba pinagkaiba ng civic 99 sa civic 2000? and ano anong kulay ang inissue ng honda sa mga modelong yun? gusto ko kasi stock lang.. kung may mura ba ako na makitang honda sir, bakit hindi.. kaso ang mahal pa e. huhu.

The 99 and 2000 Civics have the same outer appearances, the difference i know is the soft carpet-like cloth installed at the inner door (same level as the handle you pull when closing the door from the inside), and the stereo unit, since I own a 2000 civic my stock stereo is Fujitsu-ten cassette deck, I'm not particular what is the stock stereo of the 99 model.

Colors of this model are taffeta white, cypress green, red (I forgot the exact term for the red), ice teal pearl (this is for 2000 only a little bluish and green), blue (this is for 99 model, I'm not also sure about the exact term but this color is a light blue color), satin silver (this color has silver with a shade of a little violet), sunburst yellow (2000 to 01), kaiser silver and the violet(for 99 model).

If you are eying an Sir there is an earlier release in 98, then the 99 and 2000 models. Colors are passion orange (98,99,2000 models), taffeta white (99,2000 models) nighthawk black (98,99,2000 models), red ( I think this is 98 and 99 models only), sunburst yellow (2000 and 01 models).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    The 99 and 2000 Civics have the same outer appearances, the difference i know is the soft carpet-like cloth installed at the inner door (same level as the handle you pull when closing the door from the inside), and the stereo unit, since I own a 2000 civic my stock stereo is Fujitsu-ten cassette deck, I'm not particular what is the stock stereo of the 99 model.

Colors of this model are taffeta white, cypress green, red (I forgot the exact term for the red), ice teal pearl (this is for 2000 only a little bluish and green), blue (this is for 99 model, I'm not also sure about the exact term but this color is a light blue color), satin silver (this color has silver with a shade of a little violet), sunburst yellow (2000 to 01), kaiser silver and the violet(for 99 model).

If you are eying an Sir there is an earlier release in 98, then the 99 and 2000 models. Colors are passion orange (98,99,2000 models), taffeta white (99,2000 models) nighthawk black (98,99,2000 models), red ( I think this is 98 and 99 models only), sunburst yellow (2000 and 01 models).
    wow! thanks for the info. at least now, alam ko na kung totoo ba yung sinasabe ng mga seller na 'stock' or orig yung kulay ng pintura.

salamat salamat!

and, gagarapalin ko na, pa post din yung FAIR market value ng 1999 at 2000 civic. salamat. range lang. oks na un

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydwena View Post
    wow! thanks for the info. at least now, alam ko na kung totoo ba yung sinasabe ng mga seller na 'stock' or orig yung kulay ng pintura.

salamat salamat!

and, gagarapalin ko na, pa post din yung FAIR market value ng 1999 at 2000 civic. salamat. range lang. oks na un
    The range of a 99 to 2000 Civic Vti would be from 250k to less than 300k, so if you see a Civic Vti with a tag of more than 300k that's too high for it's market price, if your after an Sir that would be around 330k to 380k.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ^okies. maghuhunting na ako. thanks sir. keep ur suggestions coming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast