New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi, has anybody ever seen/drive a HONDA LEGEND? Is this a local unit or imported?

Ok ba ang car? Ok ba ang ride? Parts availability?

havent driven 1 kasi sa napaka-rare nyang unit na yan, lalo na sa used car market. kahit nilabas locally yan as a japan-CBU unit ng honda phil for almost 1-2 years lang, hirap makahanap ng owner who sell their LEGEND.

honda legend is one of the top-end line ng honda, alam ko full options to nung nilabas, at 3.0 v6 ang makina. as for parts, be prepared ka sa kasa ka lang makakakuha, kasi unlike the 1996 odyssey na nilabas din locally biglang dumami ang japan surplus kaya boom din ang parts...

ang isa pang konting nilabas ng honda is HRV--> d16(1.6L PGM-FI), real-time 4wd, compact and fuel efficient pero nabiktima to ng 'ancient' tax scheme ng pina->advalorem! for its price, makakabili ka na ng bigger, new model, mas kilalang at mas matakaw na 2wd-CR-V na AUV-ized...

may nakita kang unit for sale na LEGEND?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I've seen Acura Legends in the US but here in the P.I. not yet. Its imported and a luxury sedan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_Legend

yup that an acura in the US, pero nilabas dito sa pinas under the honda badge..anywayz, honda and acura are just sister comapnies,right?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Correct. Acura is some sort of a luxury division of Honda, just like Infiniti with Nissan, and Lexus with Toyota.

for me acura is just the americanized version of honda, wherein ung luxury/top-end line-up nila un ang ginamit na brand...just like toyota's lexus

pero infiniti, talaga luxury division ng nissan..

ay OT na...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    bihira ito sir. nakakita na ako dalawa, parehong converted import.

pero maganda nga ito kung makakakuha kayo. top of the line `to.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my uncle has one (the USDM Acura model). it was a great car for its time (the mid 90's)...about 80% of the luxuriousness of an equivalent E-Class Benz for much much less, plus Honda reliability. they did not quite, however, capture the luxuriousness of Lexus/MB or driving dynamics of a 5-series BMW imo.

however, compared to the cars of today, it's quite dated. i would prefer a current model Honda Accord with luxury appointments like leather over my uncle's Legend.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've seen a legend in Tiendesitas, looks cheapy though. It's far from luxurious, looks like a typical old corolla with an H badge.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    1995 Acura Legend:

1996 Honda Legend:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1996 Honda Legend