New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    I intend to acquire a 4x4 G Diesel MT Hilux but what's holding me back is that a 4x4 might be too expensive in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance cost versus a 4x2 (G Diesel MT). Is there really a big difference between 4x4 and 4x2 other than the price? My daily routine would be.. home to my business (which is 5 km away) to school (4km away) plus purchasing activity in downtown area, picking up kids/family members from school/work, and maybe a 45km trip once a week. I'm worried that a 4x4 might be overrated for my daily routine/lifestyle rendering it underutilized. I want to go practical but own a high-end truck at the same time. Anyone who can help me with this? Thank you very much in advance!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Based on the conditions given, di mo kailangan ng 4x4 sir. 4x2 would already suffice.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for your reply Renzo. Any idea with regards to the fuel consumption? Magasto ba talaga fuel consumption tsaka maintenance compared to 4x2? Malaki po ba difference? Thanks ulit

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Dolce Vita View Post
    Thanks for your reply Renzo. Any idea with regards to the fuel consumption? Magasto ba talaga fuel consumption tsaka maintenance compared to 4x2? Malaki po ba difference? Thanks ulit
    Hmm. Ano po ba engine nung Hilux na gusto niyo? Kung yung 3.0 D4D I believe it will be around the same as the Fortuner's? Kasi same lang naman sila? If so it will be around 6-7km/L city driving.

Pangit lang talaga sa Hilux matagtag.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    I see. Asyong Aksaya pala talaga ang 4x4. Average of 11-13km/L lang daw ung 4x2 hilux na 2.5 D4D. With regards sa matagtag, I believe so. Thanks Renzo

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The 4x2 will suit you, unless you plan to do some offroading,

7. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Actually you dont need nman a 4x4, just the 4x2 will best suit your need & lifestyle .... gas consumption is mainly based on the engine displacement or in simple terms base sa laki ng engine .... of course a 2.5 engine consume less fuel than a 3.0 engine .... enjoy driving ....