• Not cool

9 100.00%
  • Don't care

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    In one of our family drives, my 8 year-old daughter suddenly muttered a bad word. It took me and my wife by surprise so we asked her where she learned it from. She casually pointed at the car in front of us. The subject decal is a black font on yellow background that read "T*#g1n*m0" (except that it wasn't as cryptic), affixed to the rear windshield. And in case that wasn't enough, the same car had a middle finger decal on the bumper as well.

It's technically not against the law (freedom of speech and all), but, come on! Don't these people care about common decency? Or is that also going the way of common sense.... which is, also going out the door?

coz there are people in society who think it's cool to violate common decency

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doesn't bother me. It's their life and besides kung yun presidente eh Bastos din eh sa live TV pa

So what do you expert from the citizens kung kung leader ganun din.

If we gonna call him out dapat mas muna I call yun presidente. So it's useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; December 19th, 2018 at 12:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    coz there are people in society who think it's cool to violate common decency
    Exactly. Decency (or the lack of it) is not thoroughly mandated by law and is part and parcel of the freedoms we enjoy. But as a citizen, we have to call out unacceptable norms so that we don't devolve into a crass uncultured society. For me it's ok to post on socmed (blur plate number) and ask with a tagline "Ok lang ba ito?" or something to the effect saying that young kids also see this in public. No need for inflammatory or castigating remarks. Hopefully, people doing this or are about to do this get the idea.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    don't take the freedom of speech that we have, for granted. just imagine living in a society where you don't have it

just saying

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Exactly. Decency (or the lack of it) is not thoroughly mandated by law and is part and parcel of the freedoms we enjoy. But as a citizen, we have to call out unacceptable norms so that we don't devolve into a crass uncultured society. For me it's ok to post on socmed (blur plate number) and ask with a tagline "Ok lang ba ito?" or something to the effect saying that young kids also see this in public. No need for inflammatory or castigating remarks. Hopefully, people doing this or are about to do this get the idea.
    What's the point? Kung yun Presidente ganun din eh. Citizens can't be decent kung walang hiya yun leader.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    What's the point? Kung yun Presidente ganun din eh. Citizens can't be decent kung walang hiya yun leader.

I'm sorry sir. But I strongly disagree with your statement.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The difference is, your typical 8-year-old doesn't watch nor care about the news.

I also think that the "monkey see monkey do" rationale is absolutely wrong, especially if we sincerely consider ourselves civilized adults. Kids, on the other hand, I believe, should be spared from such display until they get a better understanding of how the world operates.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    i agree but why blur the plate? in forums like this, i believe there is still a higher level of anonynimity compared to fb and other socmed platforms. those people who put those decals are sobrang kapal ng mukha kaya they can flaunt their stupidity at hindi papansinin kung blurred pa yung plate.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005

since ang initiative nasa presidente pala, dapat din walang hiyain yung may mga decal na bastos

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    In one of our family drives, my 8 year-old daughter suddenly muttered a bad word. It took me and my wife by surprise so we asked her where she learned it from. She casually pointed at the car in front of us. The subject decal is a black font on yellow background that read "T*#g1n*m0" (except that it wasn't as cryptic), affixed to the rear windshield. And in case that wasn't enough, the same car had a middle finger decal on the bumper as well.

It's technically not against the law (freedom of speech and all), but, come on! Don't these people care about common decency? Or is that also going the way of common sense.... which is, also going out the door?
    That T*#g1n*m0 if I'm not mistaken, is a "lifestyle" brand so I'm afraid you'll see those even on personal apparel. I cringe whenever I see it.

Even those windshield decals of the pink stick woman with panties down. What's funny is that it's usually low-end cars that sport those stickers... as if their rides are makalaglag panty.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Your general opinion on car decals/liveries with profanity, literal or implied?