New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    This is the opposite of "Bad motoring etiquette: What you hate the most." thread.

I'm pretty sure we all have fair share of driving stupidity when we're still a newbie driver or even those experienced driver already.

Ito yung mga charge to experience driving moment natin that could have lead to an accident or had lead to accident moment.

By the way newbie drivier lang ako:

I made a u-turn in SLEX alabang exit (south bound) w/out thinking how fast the cars are approaching on that side. Na confuse ako kasi dalwa pala yung exit sa alabang. Yung isa yung straight lang then yung isa nakatago sa right side. Felt so guilty after buti na lang walang sasakyan sa likod ko at walang humuli sakin.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    A couple decades ago, I was still learning to drive. My instructor told me to slow down (mag menor) when approaching speedbumps.
    So I was driving, and the instructor was lecturing. Di ko napansin na merong speed bump sa harap ko. Ayun, dumaan ako sa speed bump at around 50kph. Medyo lumipad yung kotse. Since luma na yung kotse, nalaglag yung muffler after the car landed. Pinapara ako ng instructor, tapos lumabas siya para damputin yung muffler at ilagay sa trunk ng kotse. :D
    Nakaka hiya. Buti na lang, walang tao doon sa area na yon. Walang witness.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Learned to keep my eyes on the road. Looking left or right while driving at speed is a recipe for disaster. Buti nalang near misses lahat dati and wala pa akong accident dahil doon.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    A couple decades ago, I was still learning to drive. My instructor told me to slow down (mag menor) when approaching speedbumps.
    So I was driving, and the instructor was lecturing. Di ko napansin na merong speed bump sa harap ko. Ayun, dumaan ako sa speed bump at around 50kph. Medyo lumipad yung kotse. Since luma na yung kotse, nalaglag yung muffler after the car landed. Pinapara ako ng instructor, tapos lumabas siya para damputin yung muffler at ilagay sa trunk ng kotse. :D
    Nakaka hiya. Buti na lang, walang tao doon sa area na yon. Walang witness.
    kasalanan din ni instructor sir, he should've seen the speed bump before you! eyes on the road, pero asan ang mata nya? di pa naman siguro uso text nuon?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Nung nag dridriving lessons pa ako dati. I was cruising at around 60kph when the red light lit up. Because i only know textbook knowledge at that time, i slammed the breaks pretty hard. My instructor was so infuriated with me because the jeep behind me barely miss the car that i was driving. Close call and plainly stupid on my part.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I was backing up at the garage. Newbie driver pa ako then. I was practicing on using the side mirrors. I see the right side was clear, and started to back up. Ayaw magmove ng car. I'm sure I'm on reverse and pressed the gas pedal more. Nung ayaw pa din magmove bumaba na ko. Nuon ko lang nakita na nakasayad na pala yung left side ng rear bumper ko sa poste ng garahe. Damaged paint plus dimple sa bumper.

Lesson learned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was backing up at the garage. Newbie driver pa ako then. I was practicing on using the side mirrors. I see the right side was clear, and started to back up. Ayaw magmove ng car. I'm sure I'm on reverse and pressed the gas pedal more. Nung ayaw pa din magmove bumaba na ko. Nuon ko lang nakita na nakasayad na pala yung left side ng rear bumper ko sa poste ng garahe. Damaged paint plus dimple sa bumper.

Lesson learned.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    kasalanan din ni instructor sir, he should've seen the speed bump before you! eyes on the road, pero asan ang mata nya? di pa naman siguro uso text nuon?
    Aray....hahahah.. Yeah, nung time na yon, analog phones pa yung dominant.

Ang naalala ko, naka recline yung seat nung instructor. Tapos walang gana. Nung tumalon yung kotse, biglang napa-upright niya yung upuan niya at naging alerto. :D

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Nung nag dridriving lessons pa ako dati. I was cruising at around 60kph when the red light lit up. Because i only know textbook knowledge at that time, i slammed the breaks pretty hard. My instructor was so infuriated with me because the jeep behind me barely miss the car that i was driving. Close call and plainly stupid on my part.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Assuming you could reach 60kph in the streets of manila (city of manila), you'd also need to do the same sudden brake else your friendly neighborhood croc will try to ask for lunch money.

Beating the yellow light hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Wrong spelling young thread title. Mod pake edit na lang The irony

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Very Newbie then and first time to drive at night. I don't even knew the difference between Low Beam and High Beam. Nagtataka ako bakit panay "kindat" ng mga kasalubong kong sasakyan. Puro nasisilaw pala coz i'm using High Beam (yun pala yung kulay blue na ilaw sa panel).

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast