New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My dear Tsikoteers, how do you define Yield? Hindi ba it is to give way, give in and whatever Webster has it in his dictionary?

The reason I'm asking is that the MMDA people should provide word meaning lessons to their field people. Let me tell you why.

Last Saturday morning, I fetched my wife and her officemate at the airport. Traversing EDSA, I took Ortigas because we had to bring her officemate to Medical City to visit her brother.

I made the right turn and as I was nearing the end of the turn, the corner of my eye saw that the traffic light (proceeding to Ortigas-Meralco) turned green. I was then stopped by three MMDA personell. So, I stopped.

I asked them what was wrong. They told me that I did not yield to the incoming traffic. I asked them what incoming traffic they were talking about? Apparently, they were referring to the incoming traffic from POEA. They told me I should have yielded when the signal light turned green. My wife and I argued that the light turned green only after when we completed the turn, so there is no vehicle for me me to yield to. Then this arrogant SOB asked me point blank if I know the meaning of the English word "yield". The nerve of that sonofabitch! I was so mad that I removed my seatbelt and proceeded to open the door.

Before things got out of control their supervisor/office came and ironed out the situation. He informed the three stooges that I made the turn clean (no vehicle approaching) and that they had no reason to stop me or harass me. He apologized for the actions of their staff and asked if I wanted to file a formal complaint. I don't want the hassle so I said no and just told him that the MMDA should be careful with the people they choose to put on the streets.

So, the next time I pass that area, I''l bring a big Websters dictonary around and slap them MMDA people silly with that book.

The nerve! Up to now, their arrogance makes my blood boil.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    bro -- baka ang definition nila sa YIELD ay "Yield your money to me"

nakakainis talaga yan nangyari sa iyo

pero ewan ko, natawa rin ako

hay naku

Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    :bwahaha:

Ignorance + Arrogance = Thats a bad combination. You should have filed a complaint to teach those SOBs a lesson.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Siguro nga.

You're not the only one who found it funny. My wife thought the scene when that MMDA guy asked me if I know the meaning of the English word "yield" was hilarious. In fact, she was laughing all tha way up to Medical City.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kinuha mo sana yung name ng supervisor ng 3 stooges, that supervisor should be commended, that supervisor is a rare breed of MMDA traffic enforcers which composed mostly of morons like those 3 stooges.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well at least you know that some gov't people are still doing their job.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Kung hindi pumalag si Nicolodeon, do you think that supervisor would intervene. Baka yan siguro and song & dance nila, pag walang reklamo okey, kung meron, kunwari he would intervene. I hope not.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon

Before things got out of control their supervisor/office came and ironed out the situation. He informed the three stooges that I made the turn clean (no vehicle approaching) and that they had no reason to stop me or harass me. He apologized for the actions of their staff and asked if I wanted to file a formal complaint. I don't want the hassle so I said no and just told him that the MMDA should be careful with the people they choose to put on the streets.
    This is new, someone doing his job, and being nice at the same time.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    I think dapat nagfile ka ng charges nic. baka nga kasabwat yung supervisor kung di ka pumalag.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sana binalik mo sa sumita sa iyo, "alam mo bang ibig sabihin ng right of way?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
"Yield"