New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    lokong yan at wala palan lisensya....wala kang sabit bro ..bayaan mo nalang yan next time ingat na lang marami talagang sira ulo mag drive dyan sa atin..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nagpapanggap na police officer? tapos driving without a license?

better remind him of these offenses. better yet, have these in black and white.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You're off the hook. Driving without a license, and that due to a prior incident? You could sue, or, better yet, sic your insurance company on him for the participation.

I sure hope your insurance is Malayan...

BTW, long time no see!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    no valid license? then therefore, you are absolutely off the hook. just use it to your advantage: "driving without license" as for the claims of being "policeman", well, if he can't show an identification of being one, then he is phony...

another thing, where is he coming from, from your left or right? i know the place of the incident. marami nga dyang ganyang incidents. the way i see it, if he's coming from the rotund, on your left just before the collision then definitely, he swerved toward you. and yes, there's is still the benefit of the doubt that he intended to brake so that you would hit him- minsan may mga ganyang tao, para maka-kubra ng pera.

apparently, the culprit has some attitude problem- as you mentioned, he didn't have any DL's due to another road incident. it should explain something and the fact is, he shouldn't be driving at all.

any results from the police report?
    I agree with this statement. Stand your ground. He said he did that on purpose to get even. That alone is enough proof that it's his fault, not yours. Technicality lang yon, you have to argue for your side because he will argue based on technicality and you should argue based on what he has done. A lack of a license should also get you off the hook, because he shouldn't have been driving in the first place. You could also claim he is falsely impersonating a police officer.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    driving without license... what was the reaction of the police officers?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    Some clarification, the incident happened along Nueva de pebrero near the palengke. He was very aware of that incidents involving the rear end collisions favored the car in front. Since it occurred around 11:30pm and we only got the investigator around 1230, the police report isn't available yet.
    I know the culprit's name already but i think putting the license plate number is enough for the purposes of this post. First time i've ever encountered a situation like this so i ended up calling my relatives and people in the office on what to do. I don't normally have accidents since i follow the traffic rules hence my ignorance of the normal rule involving rear end collisions. Thanks for the advice.
    Sir driving w/o valid license supersede everything. Sayang sir!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think what goes for the guy is that you hit him from the back (most cases i know, talo yung nakatama sa likod); this is just from the top of my mind. What would matter is he didnt have his license although the traffic ticket he has can probably serve as one until claimed... i think there's an expiry to that though (maybe others can shed light on this).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    may mga ganyan talaga sa kalye, kaya ako iwas na lang. Ma isip ko lang ang abala, pera at baka magkasakitan pa. Basta hinga na lang ng malalim sabay iwas. hehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the replies. I know how to handle such cases in the future. I didn't mention the part of the story wherein he was saying that he was a policeman since i didn't care at all about it. He was a 20+ Filipino Chinese which makes it highly improbable for him to be a cop. Yup, maybe that was a cover story to intimidate me.

I have to admit that I was too caught up what the guy was trying to do. But he made it impossible for that incident not to end that way. He even went with me side mirror to side mirror along the part of the road near the palengke that is good for one car only which was congested with people and tricycles. Good thing no one was hurt.

During the time we were talking to the investigator, the guy mentioned that i made it a bigger issue by not wanting to settle. After going through that, that's the last thing i would do. I didn't really care about the money since it was already a matter of principle and pride.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yeah, it's a small amount to pay for the amount of **** you can dump on him. Dump as many as possible. You're doing the society good service. hehe.

BTW, when you said he doesn't have a valid license, does it mean it's expired or he was ticketed for a traffic violation?

It's your choice whether to settle or not, not his.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
XLT 355 - Taking things too far.