New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I was driving along Mandaluyong circle and turning to nueva de pebrero when i noticed that a white civic was purposely driving close to me. I didn't gave way and when he went in front of me, he started swerving and not let me pass. He even gave me a finger. Unfortunately, during his swerving manuever, he braked suddenly and i hit him. minor damage to my front bumber and my glass license plate cover was destroyed while his rear bumper was misaligned. We were both hot headed and caused a scene at the road. It turns out that he was claiming that i cut him off at a turn and that this was his way of getting even.
    Regardless of the damage and even if the insurance will cover it, i couldn't let myself settle something that the other guy caused. We waited for the police and filed a report. It tooked more than a hour to file the report in a mosquito infested room in the Mandaluyong traffic unit office.
    Regardless of what transpired, it may turn out that i might even be the aggressor when he caused it. He even told me that i intentionally did it when i could have actually caused more damage to both of our cars if i wanted to.
    Funny thing, he claimed he was a police man when he wasn't and didn't even have a valid license as he had a traffic altercation before that he didn't settle. Just ranting. what a stupid waste of time, effort and money.
    Last edited by bender; March 21st, 2007 at 07:59 AM. Reason: I put the wrong license plate, just checked the picture

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    usually kasi bro, if you rear-end someone, it's your fault. pero sa case mo, lalabas na "it's your word against his word."

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ah, he doesn't have a valid license? forget it, you dont need to pay him. hehehe.

He won't file for a lawsuit, it beats the cost.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ingat nalang next time...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Post mo rin to sa HCP. Wala bang witness sa nangyari?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    no valid license? then therefore, you are absolutely off the hook. just use it to your advantage: "driving without license" as for the claims of being "policeman", well, if he can't show an identification of being one, then he is phony...

another thing, where is he coming from, from your left or right? i know the place of the incident. marami nga dyang ganyang incidents. the way i see it, if he's coming from the rotund, on your left just before the collision then definitely, he swerved toward you. and yes, there's is still the benefit of the doubt that he intended to brake so that you would hit him- minsan may mga ganyang tao, para maka-kubra ng pera.

apparently, the culprit has some attitude problem- as you mentioned, he didn't have any DL's due to another road incident. it should explain something and the fact is, he shouldn't be driving at all.

any results from the police report?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Some clarification, the incident happened along Nueva de pebrero near the palengke. He was very aware of that incidents involving the rear end collisions favored the car in front. Since it occurred around 11:30pm and we only got the investigator around 1230, the police report isn't available yet.
    I know the culprit's name already but i think putting the license plate number is enough for the purposes of this post. First time i've ever encountered a situation like this so i ended up calling my relatives and people in the office on what to do. I don't normally have accidents since i follow the traffic rules hence my ignorance of the normal rule involving rear end collisions. Thanks for the advice.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    na fender-bender ka pala bender... ingat na lang next time.

Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    usually kasi bro, if you rear-end someone, it's your fault. pero sa case mo, lalabas na "it's your word against his word."
    yan ang mahirap, though favorable pa rin sayo since wala syang valid license. panakot lang nya siguro yong claim na policeman sya.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ano naging settlement?
    dapat walang galing sayo since wala siyang DL at the time..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Excuse lang ng mokong na yun na ipagyabang nya na pulis sya to cover up driving w/out DL, akala naman nya masisindak ka.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
XLT 355 - Taking things too far.