New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    this happend a week ago along ADB Ave in Ortigas center..

My GF together with her friend were on our way to metrowalk. T'was traffic infront of Sanmiguelcorp, and when i was about to make a right turn, (I forgot what road it is) May Revo on my left tried to cut my way so i had to make a sudden right turn, and I already noticed that there was this Trooper on my right but I had no choice but to make that turn or L hit the revo. Unfortunately he didnt want anyone to cut through his lane and so he tailgated me and kept on flashing his bright lights and showed off his WANGWANG. When I was near the stoplight under the overpass, (Meralco Ave.) he passed on my right and pointed his black/silver pistol at us. At first I didnt notice it, my girlfriend saw it first and thought she was just joking. But after nya magcut infront of me, he revealed his gun and pointed at me again saying somthing like "anu ha! bla bla" and gusto nya tumabi ako sknya. I didnt move and just looked at him, the girls were scared and shaking na at that time. Wla ako ngawa, can't get mad at him cause it may call for more trouble... so i just calmed down...I just read his plate and twas just a private vehicle. till he noticed that i wasnt reacting to his actions and so gave me the finger and sped off... what an *sshole...

After the stoplyt, there was a traffic officer and told him about the incident and then he refered me to the guy whos from NBI, gathering info on another person who just lost his car that night. He told me he can trace the the owner and that if I'm ready to testify if hes found. I'm having second thoughts about it cause some of my friends told me that bka balikan daw pako... or if bka may kapit pa un inside or whatever... I dunno.. just want ur opinion guys...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tell the NBI you'll testify. have him trace the owner and address. then stakeout the owner. gather info about him first. then pag-aralan nyo ng NBI next move.

pointing a gun * you is a very serious matter bro.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dagdag ko lang, I had a similar incident like you, bigla nagpreno yun bus so no choice ako but to cut this lite-ace. after that, d nako tinigilan noon liteace. pilit nya itinatapat yun window nya sa right passenger window. it's night time noon so I cant see kung may baril sya. as usual I did my strategy, I cut other cars in traffic to make him think that I'm an a*hole. pero wala habol siya, I skipped a lot of cars only to find out na nasa likod ko siya. my wife is already crying and I was really regretting what I did to him.

then dumating yun point na maluwag na yun daan, at wala na ako i-cut, free na sya tumabi sakin. you know what I did, ki-nut ko ulit sya. as usual lalo nag-init and he attempted to pass my other side, ki-nut ko ulit. I will not give the opportunity to be side by side with me or or my wife.

the only thing that's playing in my mind that time was those news headlines about senseless road rage gun killings. then I recited a quick prayer on my mind, then conditioned my mind na makikipag banggaan na ako bahala na.

gulat na lang ako bigla nag-u-turn by watching him from the rear view mirror.
    I was relieved and my wife nagged me all the way home.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    that was some scary exp din ah... ayoko na nga manyari un... some people kse tlga they cant take being overtaken.. and yumayabang kse may gun pa sila or any other weapon.. I think one more thing pa na nkacontribute dun sa nanyari sakin is wla akong tint... plus nakta pa nya girls ksma ko so lalo sya nglakas ng loob... Hes old na eh, siguro around 40-50, thin, and bakubako ung muka... actually his face is scary too! hehe! cguro if I was with my barkada, he would think twice din.. kse hes alone eh. mtapang lng tlga kse may weapon. Mga tao tlga dito sa pinas... haaayy..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    pro bro ang kulit dn ng ngawa mo ha... was wonderin, bkt ang bilis ata nun liteace nya? or van din gamit nyo sir?

ako kse i ddnt cut him again cuz i didnt mean to cut him nmn in the first place so d ako galit... actually dun ako sa revo galit hehe. thot hes gonna let it go nlg pro seryoso pla tlga sya! dpat mkatapat sya ng katulad nya pra barilan nlg sila. hehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    strada yun dala ko. I dont have a gun but I like to think that when confronted by a man with a gun, use your car as a weapon. I've read a lot of news about people disembarking from their cars and then susugurin yun ka-cut nila only to find out na di-baril pala. never get out of your car.

in your case, tama lang yun ginawa mo, mag-concede ka kasi nasurprise ka na nya ng baril and he's side by side with you. yun sa kin kasi, I assumed na may baril sya kasi ang tapang niya and mabilis din takbo ko nun. siguro part na yun adrenalin rush kaya nde ako nag-concede. medyo bobo nga yun move ko pero wala eh mabilisan na lang ang desisyon.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    that was some scary exp din ah... ayoko na nga manyari un... some people kse tlga they cant take being overtaken.. and yumayabang kse may gun pa sila or any other weapon.. I think one more thing pa na nkacontribute dun sa nanyari sakin is wla akong tint... plus nakta pa nya girls ksma ko so lalo sya nglakas ng loob... Hes old na eh, siguro around 40-50, thin, and bakubako ung muka... actually his face is scary too! hehe! cguro if I was with my barkada, he would think twice din.. kse hes alone eh. mtapang lng tlga kse may weapon. Mga tao tlga dito sa pinas... haaayy..

d ka pala naka-tint, na-profile na nya kagad kayo kaya yumabang.
    usually, kasi nag-iisip din yan mga di-baril bago manutok, malay nila makatapat sila ng di-baril din. eh ready ba sila sa gunfight? takot din naman yan makaharap ng katulad nila.

in the course of car chase naman, mahirap magpapaputok ng baril habang nagmamaneho (unlike in the movies), yun sound as well yun usok factors para nde sya makatama. yun recoil ng baril after firing will render his wrist numb for a number of seconds, and kung nag-drive and manual transmission pa yun tsikot nya, mas mahirapan siya.

so mas may chance ka tumakbo if ever paputukan ka niya coz focus ka lang sa pagtakas.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Kung may kasama kayo sa vehicle patawagin nyo sa 117 agad habang nag d-drive, gamit cellphone, or tawagan nyo police sa area. Pwede cguro report nyo as reckless driving or kung sakali possession of a deadly weapon or something to that effect. Kung mahuli yun na may weapon at unlicensed kulong abot nun.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    grave threats yun bro and you can file a criminal case

ito lang ang payo ko: more often than not, pursuing a criminal case is a personal battle. build up the resolve to pursue this because once you started it, it make take a long time before you may get the justice you want or desire.

and, unfortunately, justice in this country is not cheap, in terms of time and money -- starting from the investigation of the police agency up to the preliminary investigation before the fiscal until the hearings before the regular courts.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    just my honest to goodness opinion:

first mali nga yung trooper sa pagtutok ng baril. bali-baliktarin man ang mundo, mali talaga yun.

pero ang hindi ko maintindihan, di ba ikaw ang nag-cut? siyempre magagalit siya sa iyo (the same way na nagalit ka sa revo na nag-cut sa yo). did you try to signify in any way to the driver of the trooper that you were sorry for cutting him? what if dahil sa pag-cut mo sa kanya, muntik na siya mabangga ng nasa likod niya? or sabihin na nating may natapon o nahulog sa loob ng kotse niya sa biglaang pag-preno niya kasi nag-cut ka sa kanya (eg. ashes ng asawa niya na nasa urn, o birthday cake ng anak niya, etc etc)?

sa manila kasi, di mo talaga maiiwasan mag-cut minsan and i, for one, nagagawa ko din ito, more often not willfully. as expected, magagalit talaga nasa likod ko. what i do, itinatabi ko kotse ko para makadaan yung kinut ko. pagdaan niya nag-so-sorry ako.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
XLN-573 Beige Isuzu Trooper