New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    my chevrolet optra was in need of repairs because some guy had backed into me, damaging my hood and grill. one of the shops that my insurance agent recommended to me was J BROTHERS REPAIR SHOP, located near ultra. we usually have our cars repaired at a different shop which is also affiliated with the insurance company, but i decided to try this one out kasi convenient location niya. i had also heard about the shop here on the forums and the posts had good feedback about the owner/manager who goes by the name of Mario. little did i know that i would experience one of the worst (or rather, a series of the worst) repair job(s) ever. its quite a lengthy story because this whole experience was really an ordeal and maraming nangyari so ive divided the details into several parts. here's what happened:

PART 1
    a few days after bringing the car in, i got a call from our insurance agent. according to him, the shop had called and told him that the car could be claimed already. i already had plans for the day, so had to reshuffle my sched a bit to claim the car. upon getting to the shop, however, i was informed matter of factly that the car was not ready. it wasnt even at the shop because they apparently had brought it to another shop of theirs and it was still being painted there. i asked my insurance agent why we were misinformed, and he was surprised because he said that it was the shop that had called him to tell us to get the car. it was a big hassle especially due to the re scheduling that i had to do but i let it slip since mario informed me that i could get the car the next day. take note however that all of this was said very matter of factly and no apologies were given to me for my hassle.

the next day when i went to claim the car i noticed something very peculiar. there was a HUGE gap between the hood and the grill. the gap was big enough for me to slip my fingers through. i could even feel the latch which locked the hood in place just by sliding my fingers into the gap. i checked thinking that maybe someone had just pulled the hood release lever, but no, the hood was fully closed and the gap was still there. when i brought this up with mario, the owner (or is he just the manager? im not sure really) he just shrugged and said "ganyan talaga yan". i knew that this wasnt true though because my cousin also has an optra, and upon comparing the hood of my car and hers, there was a very big difference. temporarily i just accepted but i also informed my insurance agent about the bad quality of the work.

PART 2 (HERE'S THE BEST PART)
    i was informed by my insurance agent that he had talked j brothers into fixing their sloppy work. when i got there, the worker assisting me said, "hindi naka align ang hood!" he also asked "san ba ginawa ito?" as if implying na panget yung pagkakagawa. i could tell na medyo nagulat/pahiya siya nung sinagot ko "dito". he then proceeded to try fixing the alignment of my hood using cutting edge technology: newspaper, and two blocks of wood which he used to hammer the hood into shape. nung una mahina lang yung pagpukpok niya, kaso mga 1 hour na yata ako naghihintay and walang nangyayari. so binanatan niya ng isang malakas. he proudly showed me "ayos na oh!" and true enough, the gap was gone. ang problema lang, NAGKA YUPI NAMAN DUN SA TAAS NG HOOD SA PART NA PINUKPOK NIYA. i pointed it out and he tried to tell me na wala naman and he kept repeating "ok na yan!" i told him to just call mario para siya nalang kausapin ko.

after several minutes, hindi pa rin lumalabas si mario. i saw that the worker was already busy tinkering with another car. mukhang hindi naman niya tinawag yung boss niya. so i went into their office and told mario na may ipapakita ako sa kanya. i showed him the dent. he spotted it immediately and scolded his worker for the incompetence. he told me to just leave the car and they'll redo everything properly, and i can come back in a few days

PART 3.
    finally, after so much hassle, they managed to get my car repaired. however, the car was VERY dirty. there was dust all over it. may napansin pa ako sa rear bumper. akala ko nagasgasan nila. but when i touched it, it seemed to be some sort of gease or clay na naiwan at natuyo. i was able to get it off naman. nagtataka lang ako though because hindi naman nila ginalaw yung rear bumper so bakit nadumihan. and customer service lang din naman na no matter what the reason is kung bakit may dumi dun, sana linisin nila. eh they didnt even bother wiping off the dust that accumulated on the car while it was in their shop. however i was just glad to finally get my car back and get the whole ordeal behind me.

EPILOGUE
    tapos na sana lahat, but now, about a month after the repair may napansin ako sa hood ko. THE PAINT IS FADING. there's an obvious difference between the color of my hood and the rest of the car. the hood is now a bit dull, and there's a big spot, in particular, sa gitna ng hood, where it really seems like the paint is peeling off. this is really a spectacular ending to the series of blunders that J BROTHERS has put me through. i wasnt going to bother typing this up, but the peeling paint was really the straw that broke the camel's back.

I also felt like i should inform other motorists who are thinking of having their repairs done at J BROTHERS. dont bother as they perform THE SLOPPIEST WORK EVER, and they have NO UNDERSTANDING OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. during one of my visits, which was around the christmas season, napansin ko pa na madaming dumadating na traffic enforcer at umaalis na may dalang what seemed to be gift-wrapped bottles of alchoholic beverages. mukhang medyo paid off niya yung mga traffic enforcers in the area, probably because naka park yung ibang pinapagawa na kotse sa kalye, causing a bit of traffic congestion in that area. this, apart from the slipshod work, left a bad taste in my mouth.

so there you have it. if you live in the area and are thinking of having your cars repaired at this shop, DONT BOTHER. it will probably be a bad experience for you.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    natawa naman ako sa cutting edge technology nila

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Puny*#$ng cutting edge technology iyan! Dapat sa worker na iyon sa kanya ginawa ito eh --->

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thanks for the heads up sir. ayoko dyan... baka magamitan ako ng cutting edge technology nila.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    maybe the insurance agent got some commision or incentives kaya dun ka nya ni-refer. i heard that shop was giving tips or comms to drivers na magdadala sa kanila ng repair.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    nagulat nga din ako sa blocks. i thought he would just prop up the hood on them while he worked tapos biglang yun na pala ang gagagamitin niya

*gertrude i wouldnt doubt it if thats their procedure with other agents. pero i sure my agent wasnt just looking to make a buck from me because he's also my cousin

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    he proudly showed me "ayos na oh!" and true enough, the gap was gone. ang problema lang, NAGKA YUPI NAMAN DUN SA TAAS NG HOOD SA PART NA PINUKPOK NIYA.
    Priceless

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    priceless indeed! proud na proud pa siya sa handiwork niya

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayos sa cutting edge technology ah tsk. Last time nagpagawa ako ng kotse care of my insurance, ala akong natipuhan na affiliated shop nila kaya namili ako ng shop ko. In the end, abono ko muna ung pagpapagawa then reimburse sa kanila. Nakuha ko nman after less than a month ung inabono ko.

worst repair experience ever at j brothers repair shop, near ultra