New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    since there's already a thread about lady drivers here[***ist?hehehe] i thought ab0ut posting this one up.

I watched the news earlier today about MMDA hiring female bus drivers.
    What do you think?

well for me i guess it's just fine as long as they know and obey traffic rules and they won't cause any trouble. other countries have female bus/cab drivers... hopefully they'll hire EDUCATED drivers, male or female.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    there's nothing wrong with women bus drivers.

baket nasa goonsquad 'to?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by j.caine View Post
    since there's already a thread about lady drivers here[***ist?hehehe] i thought ab0ut posting this one up.

What do you think?

well for me i guess it's just fine as long as they know and obey traffic rules and they won't cause any trouble. other countries have female bus/cab drivers... hopefully they'll hire EDUCATED drivers, male or female.
    If the issue of driving safety is what is being questioned regarding women bus drivers, I don't think it is a problem of gender. Rather I think it is a problem of enforcement. I bet that 99% of our bus drivers obtain their professional drivers licenses illegally. They bribe an LTO officer so they don't have to take a practical exam, and in the written exam, the answers are given to them. So they never get to learn about road safety, and the responsibility that they carry when driving a bus.

The bus drivers who kill people on the road are not the only people who should take responsibility, but the LTO officers who issued the licenses to these bus drivers should also be made responsible.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005

What do you think?

sana lang yung iha-hire na female drivers eh hindi naman i-bully nang mga male drivers. baka kasi pag ginulat sila eh mataranta at disgrasya ang abutin.

tingin ko dapat kasi gawin nang government eh ialis na sa mmda ang pag disiplina ng mga drivers... ibigay na nila sa LTFRB at LTO para malaman nang mga ahensya na eto kung ano sakit ng ulo inaabot nang mga taga MMDA para higpitan nila mga regulasyon sa kalsada.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sa Amerika, karamihan sa mga School Bus drivers ay babae.

Yung driver ng limousine ni President George W. Bush dati ay babae din.

Palagay ko merong scientific basis ang pagiging babaeng driver ng bus. Ang pagiging kaskasero at balasubas sa kalsada kasi ay related sa TESTOSTERONE hormone.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

What do you think?

It is not the bus drivers but the system used to pay these drivers that is the problem. If they will hire women drivers but the pay system is still the old boundary system, it will not change anything.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    personally, i don't mind riding a bus with a lady driver because i already rode one in a muni in san francisco. tsaka hindi nga dapat hindi mmda ang mandisiplina sa mga balasubas na drivers kundi sa lto kasi sila ang nag-iissue ng driver's license. sobrang obsolete na ang sistema ng pagkuha ng lisensya sa atin. isa pa ring dapat sisihin ay ang pagtitipid, aka corruption, sa DPWH kung saan nakukurakot ang mga materyales sa paggawa ng mga daanan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I imagine they'd be better than our current bus drivers. Too much testosterone on the roads nowadays.

Also why this section?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    I hope parallel parking wouldn't be an issue

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    nasa disiplina yan...di sa gender, both genders have the capacity to make the same mistakes on the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast