New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    hmm onga whats the use of your comp. insurance??
    You get insurance to use on occasions when the other party has none or you are at fault. Why should he use his insurance if it's not his fault? If the taxi has insurance make him pay for the damages. Don't worry about the taxi operators expenses that's not your problem that's his problem, from what I read you have enough problems of your own that you don't need to worry about other peoples problem. Accidents are one of the risk you take when you go into the transport business so the taxi operator should be prepared for it. As far as the info you have pics of the taxi with the plates have it checked at LTO and you also have the address and phone number on the pics.

If car insurance in the RP was done the way it is here people wouldn't be so quick to claim on their own insurance because your rates would go up or you can be denied renewal of the insurance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if he really has comprehensive insurance then afaik he should've no problem claiming it because in the first place, he paid for the coverage.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Buti na lang hindi sa likod ng kotse mo sumalpok yung taxi. Kung ganun write off na yan, ospital pa kayo sa whiplash. It's not as bad as you think. Have your insurance cover it (kaya ka nga nagbabayad nun eh) and have the operator pay for it too. You have a copy ng police report?
    Oo nga chief eh... luckily there were no casualties on our side naman..

Quote Originally Posted by Rav_5 View Post
    Thank God po wala nangyaring masama sa iyo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    Buti nalang wala nangyari sainyo at minor lang naging dmage ng oto mo!
    tawagan mo nalang ulit ung operator at singil ko mo!
    Thanks po mga chief. *Mamar, di ko matawag sir na minor considering the price to pay for the parts...

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing View Post
    yup, gamitin mo insurance mo, this is the reason why you have insurance for accidents like these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    AFAIK most taxis are insured anyway. Contact mo na lang sila.
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    You get insurance to use on occasions when the other party has none or you are at fault. Why should he use his insurance if it's not his fault? If the taxi has insurance make him pay for the damages. Don't worry about the taxi operators expenses that's not your problem that's his problem, from what I read you have enough problems of your own that you don't need to worry about other peoples problem. Accidents are one of the risk you take when you go into the transport business so the taxi operator should be prepared for it. As far as the info you have pics of the taxi with the plates have it checked at LTO and you also have the address and phone number on the pics.

If car insurance in the RP was done the way it is here people wouldn't be so quick to claim on their own insurance because your rates would go up or you can be denied renewal of the insurance.
    Precisely why I don't want to use mine... but will have to check pa for the participation fee. Kung reasonable naman i-update ko po sa inyong lahat mga chief... pero since nung initial post ko dito, ito ang pinakamalala sa nangyaring yun:

Hindi ko na ma-contact yung operator. Hinang ata ung phone.... Nakng... dagdag trabaho na naman sa LTO...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sorry to hear your story. Good lesson again on the use of seatbelts.

Hirap talaga magbyahe sa road natin, daming unfit vehicles. Kasi yung iba as long as tumatakbo after starting the engine, ok na (especially the PUVs).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    use your insurance, let them pay for the participation fee. ganun lang kadali para tapos na.

good thing that nothing bad happened to you.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Try claiming from the other party and/or his insurance. If you think, you could not claim or would have difficulty in claiming from them, pursue your claim against your insurer. But make it sure that you have already reported the accident to your insurer.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    insurance bro.. yan ang use ng mga yan. have the operator take care of the damages

and isipin mo na lang na mabuti hindi kayo nasaktan. I know na medyo cliche ito pero, magagawaan din ng paraan yang auto mo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Use your insurance sir. Save your wallet from further damages and save yourself from further headaches.

Nandun na tayo, nakaka awa talaga yung driver pero kung ganun naman kalaki yung damage na nagawa sayo, I think it's reasonable to claim from them. They should have checked their cars road worthiness diba? What if may nasaktan sa inyo? I think whatever damages they had, they still have to face their responsibilities and will teach them a lesson at the same time.

I'm just glad na walang nasaktan sa inyo.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Good naman you're ok.

Medyo matagal na since we had an insurance claim similar to your situation, but the last we had was when a bus hit our Civic around 1997. We had a police report that showed clearly the bus was at fault. We had the Civic repaired at Honda, and processed payment through our own insurance. I was surprised later, that we did not have to pay for anything.

I am not certain, but I had assumed that since our insurance had a police report showing the bus at fault, they maybe went after the bus company's insurance to cover all the damages, or at least our would've been participation fee.

Not so sure lang if our premium was affected nga the following year, but couldn't recall noticing an increase naman then. That was the only insurance claim naman on that year for that vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Ah... oo nga pala. Ba't di ko ba naisip na gamitin compre ko pero sila papabayad ko ng participation? Nasobrahan na ata ako sa kakaisip ng kung ano ba dapat gawin... Inform ko pa pala insurance ko.

PS Kakagaling ko lang emergency outpost ng MMDA sa ilalim ng EDSA flyover sa Timog... hay, umalis na ung in charge sa kaso ko at kabadtrip pa eh hindi pa niya binilin sa sumunod ung Police Report na sabi niyang today ko kukunin at ung photographic evidence eh hindi pa rin nadedevelop. Wala pang kwentang kausap ung mga nakapost dun dahil kung kausapin mo e parang galit pa sayo dahil gusto mo pang gawan nila ng paraan... HELLO?! Di rin naman biro na bumyahe mula Paranaque papuntang Timog para dun?! Jeez...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What a terrible experience/accident