New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Perhaps a modus operandi of some gas stations wherein the gas boys will fill up your car with more than what you asked for.

Last Friday night, we topped up at Petron Timog. We asked for 500, and while filling up, I was looking at the pump digits (price and liters). At 490+, the top-up wasn't slowing down, and I thought it will abruptly stop at 500, but no, it went on. With my quick reflex, I opened the door and shouted at the gas boy, "Hoy, 500 lang ha!" He stupidly answered, "Ay sir, pasensya na, akala ko po full tank eh?" Luckily, the fill-up was interrupted at only 525. Imagine if it went all the way to full tank, it would have been almost 2,000. I was so furious, but my mom and sister, who were with me, just calmed me down, because I would have really roared at and insulted the gas boy, "*&**#$, yan na lang ginagawa mo, nagkakamali ka pa, bobo!"

So guys, keep an eye on the pump all the time. Well, it could be plain idiocy on the gas boy's part, or a real scheme to force customers to pay more by topping up more than what they want. Besides, it will take forever to siphon the extra fuel and measure it should the disgruntled client demand so. Again, be cautious!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    is it me as well or do ALL gasboys (well, those that i encounter anyway) ask you "sir, full tank?"

kung ililibre nila ako ng full tank, di ko tatanggihan yun. :lol:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I think standard spiel nila yun that i dont even acknowledge. I always check when they are putting on gas, madalas humihinto yun pump for some reason. Never pa naman ako nalagyan ng sobra.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    is it me as well or do ALL gasboys (well, those that i encounter anyway) ask you "sir, full tank?"

I guess it really is their standard spiel. I find it annoying, its very presumptuous of them. Sisimangot pa sila if you say otherwise.

I just tell them, "sige, basta 500 lang ang babayaran ko."

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    This is why I like the self-service stations in the US except in New Jersey which still has full service. I had to teach my wife how to put gas in the car when she got here last month.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing View Post
    I think standard spiel nila yun that i dont even acknowledge. I always check when they are putting on gas, madalas humihinto yun pump for some reason. Never pa naman ako nalagyan ng sobra.
    agree, standard spiel nga... parang "you want fries with that?" ng burger joints naman which is sometimes annoying but they consider "effective marketing ploy".

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post

Siyempre pogi ka at mukhang sosi, eh. :lol:

Muntikan na din ako sa 'runaway' pump na iyan. Ayaw kasi gumana nung preset kaya manual kinargahan. Kaso ang layo ng tingin ni kolokoy. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sa Petron Buendia Makati, before filling up, they'd confirm first what fuel and how much.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Pag sa akin nangyari to, magrereklamo ako sa management at sasabihin kong sapat lang ang dala kong pera so hindi ko babayaran ang sobrang nailagay. hehe!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thank God it's all self service here in southern CA.

Kung sinobrahan yan, sabihin mo 500 lang dala mo for gas money. Charge their gas boys for the extra they put in, it's not your fault.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Watch your fuel top-up!