New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    there are some truth to this report, kiper.

yung babaeng may ari niyan...josko.ayoko nalang magsalita.
    Paki-expound naman chongers (na-curious ako eh).

If it is indeed true, chances are may malakas na hatak yung mga yan to keep their business running despite the supposed known irregularities.

I wonder what would happen if there was a similar company in Davao City.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    hmm... at least sana makapag produce ng write up from the mentioned network regarding the matter.
    extra careful na lang mga peeps!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    pwede rin namang another internet hoax / smear job against wallis, romcat & lucky8.

there are the vague details, hearsay stories, name-dropping of known shows & the testimonial.
    we dont know whats gonna happen. ingat na lang sa lahat ng sumakay ng cab.

follow-up story:

No Deathcab for Cutie
    — Jessel * 4:35 pm
    My friends have started to refer to me as “The Vortex.” I seem to have really have bad luck when it comes to cabs and other bad elements like cellphone snatchers, bag snatchers, bag slashers–you know the drill. Countless times I’ve been taken cabs which suddenly stop in the middle of the dark part of C-5, near La Salle Greenhills where they find decapitated bodies, or at one time, stopped traffic in a busy Quezon City crossroad and pulled out a tubo with a blade attached.
    My last bad cab was late last year. It was a white Wallis taxi, plate number TWX 924. From the University, we hailed a cab outside Quezon Hall. It was a Wallis cab. I told the cabbie my preferred route home, but he insisted we avoid Cubao “kasi traffic dun.” We took the Quezon Avenue route. By the time we neared Araneta Avenue, we were swaying, as in swaying from lane to lane. I made him stop at Jollibee Araneta and then rushed in and told 2 cops that the man smelled funny and insisted he was batak–a word I recently learned that week which meant to be high on shabu, supposedly the preferred drugs of cabbies. The heroic young cop guys went out and hailed the cab. I then sank myself in a deep deep corner inside Jollibee and prayed the cabbie would have been hauled off by then. When I finally emerged from inside, I learned that the cops let the cabbie go. It was only cigarette, they said. But at least they could have booked him for exorbitant rates! It was P130 from UP to Araneta, and even with the new rates in place, it shouldn’t have reached that amount.
    After that, I really spent a huge amount of time waiting for the so-called reputable ones with the radios and body numbers. So this is my chronicle of the cabs I have taken in my commuter life, starting this year. I don’t want to be described as having taken a Deathcab for Cutie Kantogirl. I’m not sure if this is going to be something like the $100 cab ride, but here goes nothing.
    This is not meant to indict all cab drivers for the evil deeds done by a few. There are countless e-mail forwards warning us about unscrupulous cabbies negotiating about how much we should pay them, and whenever they tell us that they don’t have change when all the while they just want to give themselves a hefty tip. Well, I’ve had my fare share. I know there are good cabs out there. So good cabs, bad cabs, forgettable rides and whatnot.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    it doesn't hurt to be extra careful...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung sa Wallis medyo totoo yan...

I experienced first hand ang kagarapalan ng mga drivers nyan...

pabalik ako dito sa HK last jan 3 at napasakay ako sa wallis na yan kasi coding ang sasakyan namin at walang maghahatid sa akin, ayaw magbigay nang sukli....kesyo OFW daw naman ako eh malaki daw naman ang kinikita ko....

but prior to that isa pang instance dyan eh nung pumunta akong megamall before new year, nakasakay din ulit ako dyan sa wallis....usually sa ibang taxi ay around 50 lang ang pasahe ko, pero dun sa wallis na taxi eh umabot nang 95 pesos, walang traffic yon, at same route na usual na dinadaanan ko....madaya nga....

Now... hindi ito propaganda o kung ano pa man, wala akong paboritong taxi company nor ni wala akong kakilalang operator nang taxi.... It is just my experience on my short vacation in our country... two hits kaagad sa akin yang Wallis taxi na yan....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know about them being muggers. Pero nakasakay na ako sa isa sa mga iyan.

Yung metro ang nangholdap saken! Ang bilis namfuta!!!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Tama po si sir glennster. Yung babaeng may-ari ng mga ito? Si Mrs. C*tolos? Feeling diva kung magbihis. Kumpleto de fashion hat, parang nasa Beverly Hills. May pagka-butangera, pero nakokontrol kapag nabobola. Previously, pulis ang asawa kaya malakas ang loob. Ngayon, ewan ko kung kanino naka-hookup. Pero kung akala ninyo malala ang ina. Lalo yung anak na nagma-manage ng DAC taxi. Sus kung magmura sa tao akala mo nabili niya pati kaluluwa! Middle of last year yata na-feature ng Imbestigador ang kalokohan ng mga taxi nila. They had evidence against them using hidden cameras. Tapos sa dulo ng segment, kasama yata ang LTO binuking ang mga batingting ng mga taxi nila. At di biro ang dami ng nahulihan ha!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i'm not in a hurry, i'd rather wait for R&E, MGE, EFE & ABC taxis, but never a WALLIS (or any taxi from that company)...

or not take a taxi anymore.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I saw that episode in imbestigador. I think the "butingting" is true. A couple of my office mates experieced that na while riding wallis. They take a cab most of the time, but when they rode wallis the fare was more expensive by 100php ata. One guy spoke to the dsriver asking bakit ang mahal and said he knew what was going on etc. the driver gave him lessened the fare that was shown on the meter.

I've heard a lot re: these taxi companies, all I can say beware and try to avoid them. Wallis ROmcat, trocadero etc are all owned by one family. I know the names, but won't say it na lang here.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama si Glennster, napanood ko dati yan sa channel 7 news regarding their batingting. Operatives went to their BiG garage and checked some of the meters and nakunan talaga sa video and pinakita sa tv pati kung paano nila kinakalabit yung batingting para bumilis ang metro. Kayalang alam nyo naman dito sa Pilipinas kahit may evidence basta may pera may lusot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
warning on WALLIS, ROMCAT, LUCKY8 taxis