New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    fellow tsikoteers, just a warning when you have Shell-Citibank credit card and gassing up at Shell station in macapagal avenue. There are two shell station at macapagal ave, one is located just after jetti station, the other one is near the coastal mall and this is the station I am talking about. It's been two months I am gassing up from this station using the Shell-Citibank card to avail the 5% rebate. And to my surprise, I just learned from Citibank that all the fuel purchases I made from this station didn't earned the 5% rebate (700 petot lang naman) because they are not swiping my card in the citibank terminal. Ang nakakiinis this station is listed from the participating shell stations and they are even offering shell-citibank applications.. In fact meron naka display duon ng pagka laki-laking poster offering a 5% rebate on all fuel purchases... so guys make it sure before you can get the 5% rebate you have to double check with the cashier if they do have this fu**ing citibank terminal otherwise you won't get any rebate even if they are a participating station..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It would be wise and prudent to ask any participating gas stations you happen to gas up if they are on-line or if their swiping machine is functioning before you fill up.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    given the fact that the station is included in "participating outlets" they should know the promo or at least inform the customer if its not available...

anyway i also have a bad experience with them, i gassed from them and after that, i gave my credit card just to know that they are "offline"... good thing is, i have cash..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have Shell-Citibank before. Ang problem kasi dyan, not all Shell stations offers rebate. Saka yung rebate, ma-avail mo lang pag Citibank "paper" invoice yung ginamit from the swipe machine.

To TS: Baka sir yung binigay na paper invoice sayo is from other swipe machines? :twak:

I'm thinking pa naman na mag-apply ulit ng Shell-Citibank. Ganun pa rin pala sila. SIGH

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for the heads up

I just got my Gold Shell-Citibank. I already used it in Shell North-Fairview and Shell-Philcoa. Still waiting for my bill to check if the rebates are credited.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3690[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Great info. Many thanks for sharing.

I never knew why the rebates we've been getting didn't seem to add up. Always thought maybe Citibank had hidden charges, or stations we went were not included, or the rebate would be posted in later statements.

It seems this wrong terminal swiping may be a reason.

So, as a solution, if the station swiped it using a non-Citibank terminal, we can request them naman to cancell then re-swipe in a Citibank terminal now that we know that's how it works?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zenon View Post
    fellow tsikoteers, just a warning when you have Shell-Citibank credit card and gassing up at Shell station in macapagal avenue. There are two shell station at macapagal ave, one is located just after jetti station, the other one is near the coastal mall and this is the station I am talking about. It's been two months I am gassing up from this station using the Shell-Citibank card to avail the 5% rebate. And to my surprise, I just learned from Citibank that all the fuel purchases I made from this station didn't earned the 5% rebate (700 petot lang naman) because they are not swiping my card in the citibank terminal. Ang nakakiinis this station is listed from the participating shell stations and they are even offering shell-citibank applications.. In fact meron naka display duon ng pagka laki-laking poster offering a 5% rebate on all fuel purchases... so guys make it sure before you can get the 5% rebate you have to double check with the cashier if they do have this fu**ing citibank terminal otherwise you won't get any rebate even if they are a participating station..
    Very strange reason for not being credited rebates..

Actually the terminals they use goes through Mastercard or Visa before it goes to the bank's system. That is why you can use any bank terminal and it would still verify if you have an existing credit line for your purchase since Mastercard and Visa handles this. I think this is Citibank's fault and they should address the issue. Remember that on your statement, all your fuel purchases are listed, so its very easy to calculate rebates based on this information. Naiisip ko tuloy na ayaw lang i-honor ng Citibank rebates mo..medyo palpak kasi talaga sila in all aspects.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
    Remember that on your statement, all your fuel purchases are listed, so its very easy to calculate rebates based on this information. Naiisip ko tuloy na ayaw lang i-honor ng Citibank rebates mo..medyo palpak kasi talaga sila in all aspects.
    Agree! Rebates could be easily computed based on the statement.

[SIZE="1"]3693[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Same goes for BPI Petron card, must be swipe using BPI POS terminals or No rebates will be given accdg to their customer service.... Thanks for sharing.

Now its a must if they have your cards POS terminal and if "ONLINE" before filling up on that gas station....

WBR,

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I never gas-up on that Shell station. Minsan may pa wave-wave pa ng "Shell racing flag" ang mga attendants diyan to catch attention. If ever I gas up at Macapagal Ave.,- I patronize the station near the McDonald's Restaurant, of course using my Shell-Citibank Visa Card.

Anyway, since the price of gasoline in the Shell Gas Stations in Macapagal Ave. are now the same as the ones here in LPC,- I gas up at the Shell Station which is just outside of our village. May promo pa,- P20 Select gift certificate for every P850 purchase....

6707:choir:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Warning: Shell-Citibank card holders