New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi everybody.

I had this unfortunate encounter with a vulcanizing shop right beside Metrobank along E. Rodriguez Ave. near the corner of Cordillera St.

My rear tire ran over a piece of screw and was pierced. Although the tire still has enough air, I decided to have it vulcanized. I pulled over and parked my car on the wide sidewalk of Metrobank - E rod. Right beside was this vulcanizing shop whose guy very eagerly removed the tire and proceeded with his "vulcanizing". Then at the final phase of patching the tire, he asked this question: : Sir anong gusto nyo dito, etong patch P350.00, pag etong nylon na lulutuin P400.00 pero mas matibay?" Whooa. Magkano??? P100.00 lang yan ah. Hindi sir. Wala nang ganung presyo ngayon. In short, I think it was a HOLDAP store disguising as a VULACANIZING shop. There are many things that I should have done but decided to just pay him off to finish the job.

My objective here is to warn my fellow motorist to avoid this shop at all cost. Tama na ang isang naloko niya.

Remember, this is the one beside Metrobank along E. Rodriguez near Cordillera Street.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Madaming squaters sa area na yan

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    unknown shop... i would have asked first, before he even got to loosening my wheel bolts..
    and doesn't luto-ing the rubber weaken the tire? i always insist on cold patch. and certainly not the quick-fix injection of rubber compound without having to remove the tire from the rim; this is strictly emergency use only and i don't expect it to last long.. .
    but thanks for the information.

but i am curious... how did you know the screw was screwing your tire? in this day of power steering, it's not very easy to feel low tire pressure..
    Last edited by dr. d; June 1st, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Whatever you buy or service you avail, the 1st question is always how much.

Unless suki ka na.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are the ones who threw the screw and nails around the area and caused the puncture in your tyre. Shops like that in dodgy areas tend to have shady business practices.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    alam ko ang vulcanizing shop na yan

avoid that shop

kahit ma-flat ako sa harapan ng shop na yan mag running flat nalang ako kesa magpagawa ako dyan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    unknown shop... i would have asked first, before he even got to loosening my wheel bolts..
    and doesn't luto-ing the rubber weaken the tire? i always insist on cold patch. and certainly not the quick-fix injection of rubber compound without having to remove the tire from the rim; this is strictly emergency use only and i don't expect it to last long.. .

but i am curious... how did you know the screw was screwing your tire? in this day of power steering, it's not very easy to feel low tire pressure..
    In my case i feel A difference in handling and behavior over road bumps if a tire upfront is soft.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

I felt I rolled onto something - near erod- morato. Then I hear this ticking sound while the tire rolls. Got off the car to check and saw this large screw still screwed in my tire. Then got screwed in the vulcanizing shop.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Whatever you buy or service you avail, the 1st question is always how much.

Unless suki ka na.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    I did ask. The answer was " tignan natin butas"... (patay na).

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Madaming squaters sa area na yan

Kahit saan naman sa Metro Manila maraming squatters...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Vulcanizing Rip-Off along E. Rod corner Cordillera St.,  Q.C.