New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    [SIZE=3]Hi, I think some of you experienced the same thing I did in eastwood parking earlier. Their computer broke down and due to the number of people in the eastwood parking, the backlog of cars in the basement parking reached more than 4 hours and the traffic was up until basement 3. To make matters worse, the blowers were off or just cannot cope with the fumes and b2 and 3 were already hazy with fumes forcing a lot of motorist to park again and evacuate the parking lot. To make matters worse, they still charged the motorists the extra hours of parking. The guards didn’t do a thing nor the staff of the parking to at least mitigate the situation by opening the blowers, and waiving the parking fee so that the cars can at least leave the area. There was a clear lack of authority and a clear lack of escalation procedures with the staff. I don’t know if there are procedures or the culture of the staff is at fault or it’s just plain incompetence. Clearly something has to change for this not to happen again. I for one would really like to put the parking administrator’s head into the chopping block for this.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    [SIZE=3]Clearly something has to change for this not to happen again. I for one would really like to put the parking administrator’s head into the chopping block for this.[/SIZE]
    Sorry, but this is exactly what should have been done. Parking attendants/ security guards cant do anything about it. They just do what their superiors tell them to.

If you have issues with regards to a particular service, you should bring it up to the management. Most of the time, it works. If it doesn't work, ipa-media mo

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    kakagaling ko lang dun ngayon, mano mano nga ang bigayan ng resibo... talk about timing...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 10323015 View Post
    kakagaling ko lang dun ngayon, mano mano nga ang bigayan ng resibo... talk about timing...
    You should have stood your ground na hinde bayaran yun extra time.

Have the somewhat same situation doon sa toll gate ng filinvest, i was on my way yo tagaytay, then yun usual na dinadaanan ko eh bigla nilang hinarangan at paglampas ko ng toll gate eh hinde na pwedeng dumaan papuntang south bounds dapat daw umikot ako ng sucat thrn balik ulit ako.

I didnt budge since ang traffic north bound and sila naman ang may kasalanan, it also help that maraming gumaya sa akin at nagulat din sila na haranganan na yun usual south bound. So we just double parked our cars just after the toll gate and it cause traffic all the way, in the end pina atras na lang kami lahat para makabalik at makapunta na ng southbound.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    You should have stood your ground na hinde bayaran yun extra time.

Have the somewhat same situation doon sa toll gate ng filinvest, i was on my way yo tagaytay, then yun usual na dinadaanan ko eh bigla nilang hinarangan at paglampas ko ng toll gate eh hinde na pwedeng dumaan papuntang south bounds dapat daw umikot ako ng sucat thrn balik ulit ako.

I didnt budge since ang traffic north bound and sila naman ang may kasalanan, it also help that maraming gumaya sa akin at nagulat din sila na haranganan na yun usual south bound. So we just double parked our cars just after the toll gate and it cause traffic all the way, in the end pina atras na lang kami lahat para makabalik at makapunta na ng southbound.
    Yup,- I saw this yesterday morning, on our way to Tagaytay. It's a good thing that my wife told me about this, based on the experience of a family friend.

Normally(Dati) kasi, for e-pass holders, you take the underpass, keeping to your right and you can go either northbound or southbound. Isinara na nila ang southbound....

I have no problem with changes,- but they should have a few big and clear signs a couple hundred meters before the intersection (before the tunnel), telling everyone southbound, including e-pass holders) to take the road ahead.

Ang kaso,- onli in da Pilipins,- maliit na sign at doon na mismo sa fork ng road/underpass....

12.2K:lawn:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    We would like to apologize for the inconvenience brought by the parking incident in Eastwood Mall last February 14. We were overwhelmed by the support you have shown which was evidenced by the amount of cars and customers. Rest assured, we already have our mall engineers and operations team investigate on the issue. Please understand that we are undertaking measures to assure our customers that this will never happen again. We are adding blowers in the parking to minimize fume build-up. We are also going to add exit booths to ease the flow of traffic. Kindly keep sending us your feedback because we really appreciate it. We will make use of them to serve our customers better.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    [SIZE=3]Hi, I think some of you experienced the same thing I did in eastwood parking earlier. Their computer broke down and due to the number of people in the eastwood parking, the backlog of cars in the basement parking reached more than 4 hours and the traffic was up until basement 3. To make matters worse, the blowers were off or just cannot cope with the fumes and b2 and 3 were already hazy with fumes forcing a lot of motorist to park again and evacuate the parking lot. To make matters worse, they still charged the motorists the extra hours of parking. The guards didn’t do a thing nor the staff of the parking to at least mitigate the situation by opening the blowers, and waiving the parking fee so that the cars can at least leave the area. There was a clear lack of authority and a clear lack of escalation procedures with the staff. I don’t know if there are procedures or the culture of the staff is at fault or it’s just plain incompetence. Clearly something has to change for this not to happen again. I for one would really like to put the parking administrator’s head into the chopping block for this.[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastwood City View Post
    We would like to apologize for the inconvenience brought by the parking incident in Eastwood Mall last February 14. We were overwhelmed by the support you have shown which was evidenced by the amount of cars and customers. Rest assured, we already have our mall engineers and operations team investigate on the issue. Please understand that we are undertaking measures to assure our customers that this will never happen again. We are adding blowers in the parking to minimize fume build-up. We are also going to add exit booths to ease the flow of traffic. Kindly keep sending us your feedback because we really appreciate it. We will make use of them to serve our customers better.
    Typical after-the-fact press release meant to mitigate the negative perception induced by the fiasco. The thing is, uncalled-for-fees have already been paid out, motorists have suffered exposure to harmful fumes, and people's time wasted -- thousands of man hours I would estimate, which would correspond to hundreds of thousands, even million, of pesos.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Good grief good thing we didn't push thru going to Eastwood that night. The traffic in Libis that night was terrible, looks like this was one of the reasons.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastwood City View Post
    but the problem is you already asked the drivers to pay extra for the time they waited in line to exit. mali naman yun.

dati ginawa ng cashier nyo sa akin naman. we went there to watch a movie and ate after the movie, i parked sa main bldg. yung may sinehan mismo, nung palabas na kami mga 12:30 na sinisingil ako ng more than 100 pesos tinanong ko baket ang mahal kasi mga 5 hours lang ako nandun... ang sagot "OVERNIGHT PARKING NA KAYO EH" tama ba yun???? at parang galit pa sya at yung guard.... kaya di na ako nagpupunta dyan sa eastwood dahil ang gulo na tapos ganun pa gagawin sa akin... madami naman ibang luagar mapapasyalan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    but the problem is you already asked the drivers to pay extra for the time they waited in line to exit. mali naman yun.

dati ginawa ng cashier nyo sa akin naman. we went there to watch a movie and ate after the movie, i parked sa main bldg. yung may sinehan mismo, nung palabas na kami mga 12:30 na sinisingil ako ng more than 100 pesos tinanong ko baket ang mahal kasi mga 5 hours lang ako nandun... ang sagot "OVERNIGHT PARKING NA KAYO EH" tama ba yun???? at parang galit pa sya at yung guard.... kaya di na ako nagpupunta dyan sa eastwood dahil ang gulo na tapos ganun pa gagawin sa akin... madami naman ibang luagar mapapasyalan.
    Damn... !!!

I remember one stormy night some years back... it was leaking like hell in the movie house area (the older mall)... or they may have put in some clever waterfall ambiance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Valentines day Eastwood Parking Fiasco