New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hello, I'd just like to vent my sentiments against this car.

Last Sunday (December 20) Morning (5:00 am to be exact), my brother heard the alarm of his car (Corolla 94 GLi) parked along the road. When he went out to check, he already noticed that the front left wheel was tilted to the other side (against the other wheel). Then he noticed that a car hurriedly left the scene.

When he checked again thoroughly, he noticed that the wheel and the suspension was badly damaged. There was no damage to the fender
    or to any other part of the car. It seems that a car hit the wheel only.
    that same morning, a taxi driver came to the house of my brother to inform him that he was able to jolt down the plate number of the car that hit his car.

It was a honda city maroon red. The taxi driver said that he was following that car that morning which was running erratically. It looked like the driver and the occupants were drunk. They would slow down then speed up. He tried to overtake the car but the taxi driver said they wouldn't let him pass.

Then he witnessed the car hit my brother's car. The honda city even stopped a few meters away and a girl went down to assess the damage but decided to board again and speed away.

It was a kind gesture from the taxi driver to even come back and inform my brother. Nagmalasakit lang siya. Kudos to you.

On that same day, I accompanied my brother to the traffic bureau and had the incident blottered. We also asked for a police certification.
    We also called a mechanic who took time out to fix the damage. The ball joint, the tie rod end, etc where replaced. The brand new wheel had a large gaping bulge.

To the owner of the honda city UTJ 541, sana makunsensya ka naman. At sana wag din gawin sa iyo yan.

This incident happened along bonifacio street, Baguio city.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hah ! Kapag nahuli pa sila, may kaso sila. :2thumbsup:

Drunk Driving.

Never drive when drunk. :boo:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    kunin mo infos bro. tapos report mo

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    marami ako nakiktang HOnda pag friday night sa Nevada square
    tska sa may legarda (forgot the name of the bar)
    you might want to check it out

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.,- baka local tourists sila... Uuwian ka na lang niyan....

9100:thatsit:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Yes pwede daw kami magkaso/magcomplain. We just need to file a complaint at LTO iaattach lang daw namin yung police certification. Pwede daw nila i hold yung registration niya (which would be this January)..

sir jansky..nice advise.. anytime we might go out and visit these bars.. malamang dun galing yon.. thanks.

sir renzo sana nga makasuhan..the taxi driver is willing to stand as a witness..

Maliit lang Baguio..anytime soon, makikita rin namin yung sasakyan na yon

sir CVT - malamang taga dito lang sa Baguio mga yon..

sir Kevin - yes nareport na namin.. next stop would be at the LTO office.. we've already asked for the name of the owner from an inside source.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I know you want to teach the dude a lesson but if you're insured, just claim it against the insurance. It's not worth the trouble trying to track and file a case against the guy. The insurance will pay for the repairs and if they want, they can file a claim against that person (Insurance company is a bigger entity, it has better resources and legal means to go against the guy who hit your car). One way of the other you get paid for the damages and you'll only have to spend for the filing fee of the insurance.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    I know you want to teach the dude a lesson but if you're insured, just claim it against the insurance. It's not worth the trouble trying to track and file a case against the guy. The insurance will pay for the repairs and if they want, they can file a claim against that person (Insurance company is a bigger entity, it has better resources and legal means to go against the guy who hit your car). One way of the other you get paid for the damages and you'll only have to spend for the filing fee of the insurance.
    agree with this. very prudent and sound advice. well worth considering.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    marami ako nakiktang HOnda pag friday night sa Nevada square
    tska sa may legarda (forgot the name of the bar)
    you might want to check it out
    18BC perhaps?

i agree with going to LTO and lazyfoot's advice... from there, let them do the work for you. HTH...

despite of this, happy holidays. don't let this ruin your christmas and new year spirits.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    sir CVT - malamang taga dito lang sa Baguio mga yon..

Ngek! Sana, huwag na silang maglasing pagpunta namin diyan first week of January..... Pero, generally, ang observation ko, mas magagalang ang mga drivers ng Baguio.....

9100:thatsit:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
UTJ 541 Honda City nang hit and run