New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    How about those SUVs Pickups na may LED Bar sa roof?

super silaw talaga! im like WTF you don't need that kung city driving.
    bro, bibili ako ng led lamp (spot lang, hindi flood) at ilalagay ko sa pick up ko pero promise ko sa iyo naka-on lang pag:

1. nasa gitna ako ng bukid, yung umuulan at maputik o baka may baha yung dadaanan ko.
    2. pag natutulog ako sa gitna ng bukid at may feeling ako na may mga zombies sa paligid. awoooooh!
    3. pag may nakasalubong ako na may led bar at naka-on, patitikimin ko siya ng gawa nya. actually balak ko yung may remote na spot light, tutok ko talaga sa kanya. magnetic base yun jejeje!

093650166_94bacc154011f929eaa2c7cb86ccafccfa3f6c65.jpg

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    i'm referring to police cars with visible "POLICE" marks on the side panels. so i don't think they should use their blinkers while passing through EDSA and there is no emergency or operation.
    Kung kasabay mo lang din naman sila sa daan how sure are you na walang emergency or operation?

you just assumed.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Kung kasabay mo lang din naman sila sa daan how sure are you na walang emergency or operation?

you just assumed.
    pareho lang 40-50KPH takbo namin at hindi naman heavy traffic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm referring to police cars with visible "POLICE" marks on the side panels. so i don't think they should use their blinkers while passing through EDSA and there is no emergency or operation.
    Yes, we're referring to the same Police 'Mobile'. Theirs is a case of stating the obvious. And I believe that they have to do it what with the image of the police force, and how their cars command attention (or rather how they do not command attention, being all dilapited and banged up, blending in with a sea of white cabs).

Anyways, we agree to disagree

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    bro, bibili ako ng led lamp (spot lang, hindi flood) at ilalagay ko sa pick up ko pero promise ko sa iyo naka-on lang pag:

1. nasa gitna ako ng bukid, yung umuulan at maputik o baka may baha yung dadaanan ko.
    2. pag natutulog ako sa gitna ng bukid at may feeling ako na may mga zombies sa paligid. awoooooh!
    3. pag may nakasalubong ako na may led bar at naka-on, patitikimin ko siya ng gawa nya. actually balak ko yung may remote na spot light, tutok ko talaga sa kanya. magnetic base yun jejeje!

093650166_94bacc154011f929eaa2c7cb86ccafccfa3f6c65.jpg
    Actually, I've wanted one of those light bars for my big boys. Pero, aside from the fact that I can't afford the bigger and badder light bars, with all the glare they cause, what's the point? Nagpa-HID projector nga ako para masulit ko ilaw, tapos lalagyan ko lang ng ganito. Oh well.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Yes, we're referring to the same Police 'Mobile'. Theirs is a case of stating the obvious. And I believe that they have to do it what with the image of the police force, and how their cars command attention (or rather how they do not command attention, being all dilapited and banged up, blending in with a sea of white cabs).

Anyways, we agree to disagree

OK. Just to clarify, are they allowed to turn-on their blinkers even if their are no ongoing police operation or emergency?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    like i said before, lahat ng nakasanayan na di mawawala, kung mawawala man pang samantala lang babalik at babalik pa din hangat di nag babago ang bulok na sistema natin. problema kasi sa karamhin ng pinoy panay reklamo lang kulang sa aksyon kaya ang mga abusado di natatakot dahil alam nila wala naman aksyon gagawin mga taong bayan.

anyway regarding police cars that use their blinkers even if they're not responding to an emergency ok lang sa akin yon deterent din sa mga BG's yan kahit pang samantala lang. simple lang naman kung nakaka silaw move out of their way. legality issue, sa police natin hindi illegal yan kahit walang emergency as long as naka assign sila mag patrol pero sa mga ambulance/fire truck bawal pag di emergency.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah but they do that in other parts of the world also, police cars with blinkers on while cruising. it's like saying "hey we're here, stop whatever stoopid thing you are doing".

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    anyway regarding police cars that use their blinkers even if they're not responding to an emergency ok lang sa akin yon deterent din sa mga BG's yan kahit pang samantala lang. simple lang naman kung nakaka silaw move out of their way. legality issue, sa police natin hindi illegal yan kahit walang emergency as long as naka assign sila mag patrol pero sa mga ambulance/fire truck bawal pag di emergency.
    Ayun.

I don't think they're illegal to be turned on despite just patrolling. They also serve to be crime deterrents, somewhat. Or we hope. With the ambulance and fire trucks naman kasi, there really should be an emergency.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ah but they do that in other parts of the world also, police cars with blinkers on while cruising. it's like saying "hey we're here, stop whatever stoopid thing you are doing".
    They can probably use your reaction to their lights to see kung nasa tamang ulirat ka. Or if you're too wasted not to mind. Hehe!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast