New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    The TV personality very recently purchased a brand-new FJ Cruiser as a gift for his wife, who is also in the media industry. The SUV was to be a replacement for the latter's seven-year-old Fortuner, also a gift from her husband in 2006.

Two days after they got the green FJ Cruiser from the showroom, they turned it over to a car-wrap shop so that a clear wrap could be installed. Now, the wrap had been sponsored by a company that distributes a car-wrap brand. According to the wife, the wrap was offered to them for free after her own TV show had featured a Mini Cooper that sported the wrap being marketed by the company. She agreed. After all, she wanted to preserve her new SUV's pristine paint job.

When the couple got the FJ Cruiser back, they were disapointed by the result. There were many bubbles and the overall appearance simply didn't look professionally done. But since they got the wrap for free anyway, they just shrugged it off and went to another foil-wrap shop to have the clear wrap removed and replaced. This is where they got the shock of their lives.

The second wrap shop informed them that scratches were all over the car, most of which looking like blade cuts. Worse, there were dents in the roof, which the wife believes were elbow dents resulting from the wrap installer's carelessness. So they canceled the planned installation of a new wrap and instead brought the vehicle to Meguiar's Philippines, a distributor of car-care products that also provides buffing and waxing services, to see if the scratches could be fixed. The couple became livid after seeing the checklist from the buffing shop: Their FJ Cruiser looked like a guinea pig used for training and experiment
    TV personality wants brand-new SUV replaced after botched wrap job | TopGear.com.ph

sayang ang fj cruiser, this is why i only advise foil-a-car if you want to wrap your car not banawe or other cheap shops. san kaya itong shop na ito? posted it at goon squad para malaman natin kung san at mabawasan ang biktima niya.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    TV personality wants brand-new SUV replaced after botched wrap job | TopGear.com.ph

sayang ang fj cruiser, this is why i only advise foil-a-car if you want to wrap your car not banawe or other cheap shops. san kaya itong shop na ito? posted it at goon squad para malaman natin kung san at mabawasan ang biktima niya.

I think asking for a brand new replacement is irrational. There's a clue in Top Gear Philippines Facebook on the shop.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tough really. If you were in the owner's shoes and are particular about the paint, you'd really ask for a brand new unit indeed! The only next best option i can think of is a carshow level paintshop (Alex?).

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    This car caught my attention, I just had to take a picture Is this wrapped as well?

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Mahilig kase sa libre...

Sent from my iPhone using Tsikot Car Forums

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post

I have full confidence in Banawe shops actually. A clear foil isn't a hard-to-do job at all.. many people can do it DIY. That's why I cannot advice paying double for the Foil-a-car name. It's like paying for an air conditioned tint room when applying tints at twice the price -- you don't really need it.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    This car caught my attention, I just had to take a picture Is this wrapped as well?

Yes it is Cathy

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Nasa Php600/can nyan kay sir sidney.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I have full confidence in Banawe shops actually. A clear foil isn't a hard-to-do job at all.. many people can do it DIY. That's why I cannot advice paying double for the Foil-a-car name. It's like paying for an air conditioned tint room when applying tints at twice the price -- you don't really need it.
    iba iba din kasi pang dikit ginagamit nila, you get what you pay for. kahit san ka pumunta or diy ka pa if na bili mura nga pero pang dikit panget di ganon din damage pa din sa pintura pag tanggal mo if gusto mo magandang klase na di madadamage kotse mo mahal mga ganon pati yung finish iba talaga at di nag fafade. mas ok na ko mag bayad ng mahal basta sure ako sa quality ng product at work kesa risk ko sa mura nga di ka naman sure.

so it's totally up to you kung san ka papagawa since it's your car pero ako i will only advice don sa sure ball kahit mahal. in shops like foil-a-car it's not just the product you're paying for but also the quality of work they do.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by romeocharlie View Post
    Mahilig kase sa libre...

Sent from my iPhone using Tsikot Car Forums
    according sa write up, sabi ng wife they offered for free naman daw so sayang tumanggi sa grasya. yung nga lang disgrasya ang inabot...

any clue sinong mga tv personalities yan?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
TV personality wants brand-new SUV replaced after botched wrap job