New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Valid pa din ba ung TVR kahit walang pirma nung driver(offender). Na-experience ko kc ito one time during renewal of license. LTO informed me that I have an existing unsettled TVR, thus, they advised me to settle it first directly with MMDA HO before they can release my renewed license. I remember na may isang TE ako na hindi hinintuan due to beating the red light, naka orange pa naman kc tapos nasa gitna na ako. Nakita ko tinignan nya plate number ko tapos sinulat nya sa palad nya.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yes, it happened to me too. I just called the MMDA hotline, asked what my violation is and the supposedly ticket number issued to me then I just paid at metrobank. After showing the LTO the receipt ok na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Valid pa din ba ung TVR kahit walang pirma nung driver(offender). Na-experience ko kc ito one time during renewal of license. LTO informed me that I have an existing unsettled TVR, thus, they advised me to settle it first directly with MMDA HO before they can release my renewed license. I remember na may isang TE ako na hindi hinintuan due to beating the red light, naka orange pa naman kc tapos nasa gitna na ako. Nakita ko tinignan nya plate number ko tapos sinulat nya sa palad nya.
    If this is legal, then any traffic enforcer can write down any plate number even without you knowing it, until your next registration.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hindi ko alam na pwede yun ah na may ticket ka pero walan kang pirma. Alam ko dapat may pirma ka dun sa ticket kapag wala parang baliwala rin yung ticket.
    Tsaka paano nalaman na ikaw yung nagdadrive nung sasakyan nun?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    paclarify naman... pano na-link ng mmda yung license mo sa plate number ng kotse? pano sila nakasiguro na ikaw talaga driver?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The MMDA have been implementing this 'No contact apprehension' for years already.
    If I remember correctly, it was even contested in the courts about its constitutionality or legality.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    The MMDA have been implementing this 'No contact apprehension' for years already.
    If I remember correctly, it was even contested in the courts about its constitutionality or legality.
    Do you recall how that turned out? It would be useful to know.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I would expect for it to have passed. First, there are many precedents especially from other countries that use automated speed and red-light cameras. Second, and perhaps more important: It means more revenue for the government. :money:

From the MMDA FAQ:

No Physical Contact Policy Apprehension

What law authorizes it?

Republic Act No. 7924 empowers the MMDA to formulate, coordinate, and monitor policies, standards and programs relating to traffic and transport management to rationalize the existing traffic operations and to administer and implement all traffic enforcement operations, traffic engineering services, and traffic education programs. In line with this, MMDA Resolution Number 02-49 was made and implemented.

MMDA Resolution Number 02-49, approved by the Metro Manila Council, gave authority to the MMDA to adopt a No Physical Contact Program in apprehending traffic violators in Metro Manila thru the use of digital camera. (Click to download MMDA Resolution 02-49)

How does the MMDA apprehend traffic violators through the No Physical Contact Program?

MMDA Traffic Enforcers are strategically placed into different points of the Metropolis in order to capture traffic violators through the use of video cameras. These video cameras record video and take pictures of the actual violations, which are filed as evidence.

Aside from this, CCTV cameras are also located in high areas of the Metropolis for the same purpose. Duly-authorized personnel operate these cameras for the purpose of monitoring traffic situation in the major thoroughfares and apprehending erring motorists.

Overspeeding violators along Commonwealth Avenue are caught using a TruCam LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) speed gun that captures the speed of the vehicle and takes a photo and video for evidence. The photo evidence taken by the LIDAR contains the speed captured, time, date, and location of the violation. This photo evidence is attached to the summon sent to the violator.

After capturing videos and pictures of traffic violators, all of these files are passed to the Non Contact Department for filing and verification. After the files have been verified, a traffic summon will be printed out to be sent to the traffic violator for settlement.

How do you settle your fine after you receive a traffic summon?

Within 7 days after the receipt of the summon, the violator could either proceed to any branch of Metrobank, or to the MMDA Office (EDSA cor. Orense St. Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City) to settle or pay for his/her violation.

If the vehicle was driven by another person, kindly ask him to pay for his violation, or send us relevant information such as his name, license number, address, and birthday. If it is a Public Utility Vehicle, kindly include the certified true copy of vehicle dispatch, through the form of a letter within 7 days after the receipt of the summon.

If the MMDA does not receive any answer from the vehicle owner, it will mean that the owner takes full responsibility over the violation.

How do you contest?

If the driver or the vehicle owner does not agree with the picture of the violation, he may go directly to the MMDA main office to see its actual video footage. If he/she still has questions regarding the violation, he/she may file a formal complaint to the Traffic Adjudication Board (7th floor MMDA Bldg. EDSA cor. Orense St. Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City), within 7 days after the receipt of the complaint.

Does the No Physical Contact Program mean that enforcers are no longer allowed to apprehend traffic violators using traditional 'contact' apprehensions?

No, the No Physical Contact Program exists together with traditional modes of apprehending traffic violators. Traffic enforcers may still issue citation tickets to traffic violators using traditional 'contact' apprehensions.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Then they still need evidence in the form of video footage or still image. No problem there.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    paclarify naman... pano na-link ng mmda yung license mo sa plate number ng kotse? pano sila nakasiguro na ikaw talaga driver?
    I myself is not sure kung paano ako naticketan that time. Maybe because the car is registered under my name and tsamba na ako din ang nagddrive during that time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast