New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am not sure if drivers in the area are noticing this, but the left turn signal from Sucat Road (in the general direction from SLEX to SM Sucat/Kabihasnan) going to the entrance of BF Paranaque and Lopez Village is activated only every other cycle. This means that the drivers/cars who are turning left for BF/Lopez village lose their turn on the 2nd cycle....

It will benefit (a little) those vehicles going in the opposite direction, but the build up on the affected direction is irritating as impatient drivers, who will be turning left, will take the second lane and then some, the outermost lane (3 lanes lang), so whomever will cross the intersection will experience abnormally heavy traffic.... It's also very hard for those who will be turning left as 3 cars are going to slug it out for a single-lane road....

Calling the attention of the Paranaque City Traffic Group!

5101:pcwhack:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hmmm parang nde naman ganun ang nangyayari... meron lang siguro talagang nde makapagintay lumiko papuntang lopez kaya sinasakop nila yung 2nd/3rd lanes. try ko siguro icheck mamaya kung ganun nga ang nangyayari...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ok just checked the traffic lights earlier this evening and the sequence seems to be correct. the left turn signal light from sucat going to lopez is lighting up regularly and it did not skip.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by weremanok View Post
    ok just checked the traffic lights earlier this evening and the sequence seems to be correct. the left turn signal light from sucat going to lopez is lighting up regularly and it did not skip.

You're correct bro. I was at the intersection at around 6PM today and the sequence was correct.

However, I was certain that Monday and Tuesday, the sequence was altered and there were days earlier that it was, too.. These were the days when I was second or third in the queue of cars turning left (on the innermost lane, of course....)

We'll see.... Can a regular traffic enforcer alter the sequence of a traffic light in an intersection,- in this case, limiting the left turn to every other cycle?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

We'll see.... Can a regular traffic enforcer alter the sequence of a traffic light in an intersection,- in this case, limiting the left turn to every other cycle?

it's possible that the traffic enforcer is manually changing the lights and that's probably what happened to you during those times. however, i think the traffic enforcers would rather direct the traffic themselves instead of mess around with the traffic lights.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by weremanok View Post
    it's possible that the traffic enforcer is manually changing the lights and that's probably what happened to you during those times. however, i think the traffic enforcers would rather direct the traffic themselves instead of mess around with the traffic lights.

Agree here bro...

There are also times when your light is already green but they ask you to stop as they're letting the other vehicles have their extended go (on a red light)... Asar talaga... I'd rather that they just turn off the traffic light... It doesn't happen in this intersection though....

I'd be on the lookout for your Swift, side by side with my Jazz...

Traffic Light Issue in Sucat Road