New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    UPDATE: Boni, Pinatubo service road going to EDSA from Boni tunnel.

This is now totally closed to traffic. If you're coming from the Boni tunnel and intend to turn right going up to EDSA, you're out of luck. You'll have to go straight to Boni and use those side streets to 'loop around'(since no U-turn at Boni) to go to the other side(of Boni) and up into EDSA.

Don't know if coming from Pioneer and exiting EDSA(northbound) and taking the Crossing U-turn slot to go to EDSA(southbound) would be better...but that's an alternative you may try.

Quote Originally Posted by swordsman
    Hi guys, please post areas of heavy traffic due Road works, Accidents, Floods, Detours, etc. I happened to pass by Ortigas Ave in San Juan going to Gilmore a few weeks ago and i would have taken a different route had i known of the road construction in the area. So post your known problem area so we tsikoteers can avoid passing thru those.

As of 07/14/2006:

Boni, Pinatubo: service road going to EDSA is one lane only due to road work. So if you are coming from Pioneer St. to the Boni tunnel, expect heavier than usual traffic in that area especially during rush hours. The bottleneck also affects motorists going straight to Boni Circle, and stretches as far as the intersection of Sheridan & Pioneer Sts.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Eto naranasan ko kanina sa SLEX, both northbound and soutbound 1 lane barely passable each, yung service road not passable. This is near astra, before bicutan exit.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    For everyone's info, McArthur Highway in Urdaneta, Pangasinan is in worse condition now than when I posted the picture above.
    bro, any news kung may improvement na dyan sa Urdaneta? might be travelling north one of these days...

also, i think there's a post on another thread about the detour in magalang, pampanga. detour pa rin ba? tapos na ba yong ginagawang subic/clark highway?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    As of 07/14/2006:

Boni, Pinatubo: service road going to EDSA is one lane only due to road work. So if you are coming from Pioneer St. to the Boni tunnel, expect heavier than usual traffic in that area especially during rush hours. The bottleneck also affects motorists going straight to Boni Circle, and stretches as far as the intersection of Sheridan & Pioneer Sts.
    Update pala dito.

Kanina passable na, at least hindi na kailangan umikot saan-saan mga motorista galing ng Boni tunnel going to EDSA.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    swordsman,

May konting lubak pa rin pagpasok mo ng Urdaneta City, pero pwede na pagtiyagaan. It's not as bad as it was a month or two ago as they've put new asphalt on some areas and compacted earth on others.

Aside from Urdaneta, there are some bumpy parts in San Manuel, Tarlac and Carmen, Pangasinan (in front of the bus terminal), so just keep your eyes peeled to keep from hitting any potholes.

The Subic-Clark-Tarlac expressway is still under construction, so there are still detours when you exit NLEX, both at Mabalacat and in Concepcion, although traffic doesn't usually build up in these areas.

Also, be advised that if you're travelling at night, you will probably encounter several police and military checkpoints along the highway.

Stay safe and have a peaceful, uneventful journey.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    EDSA southbound is getting a facelift, Find alternate routes. Nung pauwi ako Sunday morning mga 10AM the traffic was from buendia all the way back to santolan.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing View Post
    EDSA southbound is getting a facelift, Find alternate routes. Nung pauwi ako Sunday morning mga 10AM the traffic was from buendia all the way back to santolan.
    Saw the same construction work this Sunday morning. It's on the Guadalupe portion, right in the middle of southbound EDSA. I don't know if there are other works in progress on other parts though.

Northbound is also jammed, approaching Guadalupe portion also. I wasn't sure though if it's due to construction work as well or an accident.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing View Post
    Saw the same construction work this Sunday morning. It's on the Guadalupe portion, right in the middle of southbound EDSA. I don't know if there are other works in progress on other parts though.

Northbound is also jammed, approaching Guadalupe portion also. I wasn't sure though if it's due to construction work as well or an accident.
    That's my way going to office. Thanks for the advice. Anyway, I'd be leaving very early tomorrow as my car is coding tomorrow.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Medyo OT: Bakit po sobrang sira sira ng daan sa Mayon street QC? from A.Bonifacio to Quezon Ave as in ang lalalim ng mga lubak.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bro, any news kung may improvement na dyan sa Urdaneta? might be travelling north one of these days...
    Due to the heavy rains we've been experiencin up north these past days, I'm going to have to revise my earlier post.

New advisory is: avoid passing through Urdaneta City if you can. The potholes have returned with a vengeance, as the filling material that DPWH placed to level the road has been washed away by the rain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Traffic Advisory: Road works, Accidents, Floods, Detours, etc.