New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i just read topgear's MMDA's FAQs on towing.
    i am questioning #7, the item on towing of vehicles with flat tire.
    1. ..."moved to an emergency lane on its own".. "changing of flat tires on the roadway is not allowed." what emergency lane??!! i can count with three fingers the number of roads with such "emergency lane".. edsa and expressways. not to mention, such movement can destroy a completely flat tire's re-serviceability if driven longer distances.
    2. why should a traffic violation receipt be issued to the victim of flat tire? in all likelihood, the nail that punctured the tire was on the road because the government failed to clean the road in the first place... "why are you giving me a ticket? it was your boss's in-ability to sweep the road clean, that allowed that nail to go into my tire.."
    3. instead of giving the motorist a ticket, is it not more correct, that they give him a hand in replacing the flat tire, instead? ilang minuto lang ba yan? i have replaced my flat tire in less than 15 minutes...
    4. but if the motorist does not have a fully serviceable spare tire, that is irresponsibility and he should be given a ticket.

but yes... i agree that those whose cars stall and cause traffic, because they ran out of gas, be given a ticket. running out of gas is, beyond question, an exercise in poor judgement and is in-excusible for the most time.

(sorry, but i don't know how to post the link here.)
    Last edited by dr. d; May 26th, 2016 at 09:50 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Exactly my thought dr. d

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    nasiraan ako ng gulong sa nlex wayback 2008 may naglatag kaagad ng cone.saka tinulungan akong mag palit ng gulong.
    after ilang kilometers sumabog ulit ung gulong mabuti nalang mga 1kilometer nalang sa exit.tinulungan ulit kami.at sila pa mismo ang kasama naming bumili ng gulong.

pagkatapos binibigyan namin ng 300 pesos para manlang kunsiderasyon sa tulong.pero hindi nila kinuha ung 300.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    way back 2005, dahil sira ang gauge ko that time, naubusan ako ng gas along edsa crossing ilalim, may dumating agad na mmda tow truck and upon learning that i ran out of gas they immediately towed me to the nearest gas station (which is in boni mandaluyong) and when i was also giving them 500 for helping me, they refused to accept and told me that it was their duty to rescue vehicles in distress...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun lang naman mga private towing ang mga ogags e. lalo na yung may kasama pang pulis.