New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Sana meron din batuhan dito sa sampaloc area, sasali ako hehehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Sana dito rin sa Makati meron... I'll throw everything I can....

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MRC23 View Post
    Our driver last oct 2005 at SLEX witnessed a shooting of a crew of a towing truck because a motorist is changing a flat tire at the shoulder when the crew tried to attached a towing bar on his car. He politely plead not to tow his car and that he is just changing his tires but the crew ignored him. He then shot one of the crew. I dont remember if the shooter was an NBI, or a military. Poor crew..
    street justice. bakit kasi kelangang pang paabutin sa ganyan e

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe.
    after reading this thread i want to share my own experience.

makati area, along GB area, happened last night.
    using the pajero 3door subic last night.
    was parked along those side street parking around 630pm.
    dropped my sister to buy some food chef d angelo.
    parked properly on the left side of the road, along with, take note, 2 fortuners and an expedition and pajero on my rear. only the 1 fortuner in front of my space have a driver.
    i turned off the car and decided to wait on the sidewalk, thinking that it would be a while before my sister comes back.
    then suddenly while i was walking towards the back of the pajero, i didnt notice a towtruck stopped on the road.
    in an instance, one of the crew already clammped his chain underneath the pajero.
    went over casually and asked what they were doing. said i was parked on a no parking zone, fine i said, ill move it, but i asked what about these fortuners, expedition and another pajero behind the exped?
    at first the crew didnt seem to hear me, i was using the phone that time, thus maybe the crew thought i was talking to the person on the other line.
    as soon as i got of the phone, i asked them again, but this time in an irritated voice. nothing.
    i then resorted to shouting that i would move the car, just remove the chains. then the traffic aide riding on the truck went down and threatened me to get my license and slap me with no parking violation. i asked why, and he said i was parked on a no parking zone. again i asked what the 2 fortuners and the other vehicles still doing on the same street as i was, actually parked infront of me. they said they didnt see that i was there.
    sheesh, i was there and i kept going in and out of the pajero and still they didnt see me?
    it was this time that i really got mad at the traffic aide and argued with them at a very high and mad voice.
    told them how they put their scam on other areas of makati, especially in makati med area. (witnessed this when my dad got confined there for a week due to a stroke). they said they were just doing their job, yet the traffic aide was also shouting at me, telling me wala silang sinasanto sa pag tow.
    geesh, i just told them i would moved if they take the chain of and just asked why the are not towing the other cars which was parked way before me. i just parked there so as not to be double parked on the right side of the road.

when i asked for the traffic aide's name, thats when things changed. he suddenly moved back a bit and tried to hide his name plate. i didnt have any camera or camera phone with me that time (was using a 2310, hehehe), thus i was not able to get any picture.

boy if you would see the guys reaction when i started asking for his name and details, they removed the chains and started moving out.

thats the only time they left me and just moved out of the place.

any idea why they chose to pick on me? coz im not driving a fortuner or expedition? bagong linis naman yung pajero na dala ko. bakit kaya? still wondering why i was picked out among those parked there that time.

if i was using a hammer that time, i dont think they would even stop to try anything. may panahon din sila.

kakainit talaga ng ulo.
    sorry haba na.
    hehehe.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Oh! Dun yan sa may PAL a. Dami talaga nag tow jan before 7pm.
    You can park at the left side of the road though at 6pm...don't know why gusto ka nila i-tow...uNless...
    1. Did u park na lampas ka sa guhit? - Kahit usli bumper mo konti sa guhit...tow na yan.
    2. Did u park in the motorcycle zone?

I always park there when going to eat at David's. Just make sure you don't violate the above...iwas hassle ka.

But you're right, they must remove chains cuz ur there, di ba they need to blow their horns 5x before kakabitan? Di naman pwede magic kabit agad.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep. dun nga.
    hehehe.
    it was already past 6pm.
    pajero na 3door dala ko nung time na yun, i was way inside the lines for sure coz fortuner and expedition nasa harap and likod ko.
    i didnt parked at any motorcycle zone.
    never heard any horns being blown and i was just right there.
    tsk tsk tsk.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tip lng...after 7pm...u can park na. 5 - 7pm..rota yan ng tow trucks. LOL!
    Jan kasi ako lagi...may iniintay. hahaa! Pansin ko lng.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hahaha! Putarantado mga yan! (ahem sorry sa mura...)
    Sa makati isa pang kups mga tow truck dyan.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    In addition to the area in front of PAL near Greenbelt 1, another area na tow-away zone from 5-7pm is the left side of Legaspi Street (near Dela Rosa Street bandang makati med). Daming na-biktima na dyan, especially those who need to visit the Lufthansa ticketing/travel agent there. Take note though that you can park on the right side of the street anytime (hindi tow-away).

Hope this helps.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Towing