Yesterday, we ate lunch at the Todd English Food Hall in SM Aura. It's a newly opened restaurant, only 3-days old.

Anyway, there were a lot of negative things that happened but I just want to share what happened at the end of the meal.

When I checked the items ordered on the bill (which totaled about 5,700) , I found included an item that my nephew ordered but was never served. So I asked the waiter to re-do the bill, removing that one item. He came back with a corrected bill (5,004.87) and I gave him my credit card to swipe.

The waiter returned with the bill and credit card slip for me to sign but I was surprised to see that the total was 5,418.77! I looked over the bill again and, to me, all the items were still the same as the previous bill but the total had gone up by 413 pesos!

I called the waiter's attention to this and he went again to have the bill changed.

Sa sobrang tagal bumalik, I went to the cashier's area at the back and the owner was there (local partner, Rikki Dee)
and he was telling me that it was a POS error that caused the problem-- one POS was not updating daw the other POS, etc. etc. He did not explain to me how a POS error can print an entire new bill with the same items but with a different total and how a POS error can make his staff swipe that particular bill instead of the one for which I gave my credit card. When I mentioned, in my annoyance, na baka his staff was padding the bill, sya pa yung nagalit.

Anyway, na-reverse din yung unang swipe and I signed for the correct bill.

I hope this serves as a reminder to you guys to double check and triple check your bill whenever you use your credit card. You never know when a POS error could strike!