New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong area for this thread. I'd happily move if if you can point me to the right area.

I'd just like to ask what precautions to take when selling a 2nd hand vehicle. May mga horror stories na kasi ako narinig about carjackers posing as buyers. I hope you can give me tips before I post my AD online. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    have a friend or friends with you if you will meet potential buyers.

if possible, meet them in your preferred location where a crowd can see you.

ask for ID. anyway, it will be needed for the deed of sale, afaik.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by peejabi View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong area for this thread. I'd happily move if if you can point me to the right area.

I'd just like to ask what precautions to take when selling a 2nd hand vehicle. May mga horror stories na kasi ako narinig about carjackers posing as buyers. I hope you can give me tips before I post my AD online. Thanks!

Make sure the meet up is in a secured location
    Dont give in if they will insist in a place you are not comfortable

A few weeks ago, After several prospects, I've finally sold my Tucson.
    Whenever a prospect want to see the unit, either we ask them to go to our house,
    Or through my Wife's office, or at our condo unit.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Magsama ka rin ng kasama mo, at kung gusto mo na mas tight security, plus look-out. Then sa bangko ang bayaran!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pwede rin siguro ask for a photocopy of the license making sure that you compare it with the orig. Leave the photocopy with someone before you go on a test drive. Kung may masamang mangyari someone you know has something to identify who you drove off with.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    what I do is have an appointment with a suki shop and we transact in their office so he can see the car thoroughly, now when buying cars, I pay 5000 for the diagnostic of body, engine including the papers to insure that I am buying a genuine car with true legal papers.