New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Ingat kayo sa parking ng puregold quezon ave branch. sinikwat yon right side mirror ko doon. ang mga security guard doon walang ca-care-care parang wala lang nangyari.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    baka si manong guard ang nagpapitik nun?!

peace man!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nam putsa View Post
    Ingat kayo sa parking ng puregold quezon ave branch. sinikwat yon right side mirror ko doon. ang mga security guard doon walang ca-care-care parang wala lang nangyari.
    Siguradong nasa Banawe na ito, this is one of the problems we face daily, we park our cars in car parks, but if something happens or you lost something the management of the said property is not liable for the loss or damage, parang may "waiver" sila. Our lawmakers should have a good hard look on the operations of these said establishments, although Puregold I know does not charge parking fees.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nam putsa View Post
    "sinikwat" tapos biglang "walang-ca-care-care" from jologs to Kris A...

Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    Siguradong nasa Banawe na ito, this is one of the problems we face daily, we park our cars in car parks, but if something happens or you lost something the management of the said property is not liable for the loss or damage, parang may "waiver" sila. Our lawmakers should have a good hard look on the operations of these said establishments, although Puregold I know does not charge parking fees.
    you didn't sign that piece of paper so walang kwenta yan waiver nila, my cousin's car was damaged by a valet parking in one of the hotel in Makati, kahit may waver binayaran ng Hotel yun damage.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    you didn't sign that piece of paper so walang kwenta yan waiver nila, my cousin's car was damaged by a valet parking in one of the hotel in Makati, kahit may waver binayaran ng Hotel yun damage.
    + 1 on this. My GF's car was also a victim at a hotel BESIDES Robinsons Galleria. Though they didn't admit it was their fault, they let my GF sign a waiver and paid her for the repaint and repair for her car.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hirap maghabol ng damages sa auto kapag sa openparking/carpark/free parking nangyari ang damage... although sa mga hotel, meron kasi provision sa revised penal code RE: innkeepers (sakop dito mga hotel) na liable sila. kaya the hotel will pay for the damages.

im not sure lang sa valet sa mga restaurants, gaya ng sa scout area sa qc na halos lahat ng restos may valet parking. although yung ibang high end restos (like marios) eh may checklist ng auto (parang yung sa casa)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    + 1 on this. My GF's car was also a victim at a hotel BESIDES Robinsons Galleria. Though they didn't admit it was their fault, they let my GF sign a waiver and paid her for the repaint and repair for her car.
    With respect to the posts of messers shadow and dale, the instances happened around a hotel vicinity, I'm sure the hotel won't want their image tarnished over a mere parking incident, but at least they paid for the damages and that is what's important.

Quote Originally Posted by junerski View Post
    hirap maghabol ng damages sa auto kapag sa openparking/carpark/free parking nangyari ang damage... although sa mga hotel, meron kasi provision sa revised penal code RE: innkeepers (sakop dito mga hotel) na liable sila. kaya the hotel will pay for the damages.
    I failed to state in my post earlier what junerski posted here, what I'm pertaining to is the open parking spaces in Manila especially in Chinatown.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    These establishments, like shopping malls and hotels, would use as "legal cover", the fact that they are not "depositaries" of motor vehicles. My take on this is that you can make out an argument that the "fine print" in those parking tickets constitutes "clauses in adhesion" and can still make them liable. It's so frustrating that after paying for parking fees, you are only told that what you paid is only for the parking "slot" and not for "security."

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'd probably get a lot of flak from this, but here it goes anyway. Remember, this is just my opinion! Play nice.

What some of you are proposing is not as simple as it sounds. If the management is made liable for anything that happens to your car, it will be abused by unscrupulous people. Anybody would just claim that their car got broken into or their car received a ding on their bumper, etc., while parked in their facility.

To prevent that from happening, parking facilities would have to take certain measures. If every nick, dent and theft will be charged to parking establishments, we're sure to have long lines at the entrance. Why? Ever received a vehicle checklist when you leave your car at a repair shop? Yes, parking establishments would have to do that too to prevent you and me from wrongful claims. How long do you think it'll take to document the contents and condition of your car? Parking establishments would have to do that to every single car that wants to enter their facility to deter fraud.

As it is, most parking facilities provide ample security to thwart off MOST theft. But to make them liable is probably asking too much. You basically accepted their waiver by parking there. If you don't agree with the stated policy, you're free to park elsewhere. Also, by owning a car, you already, at-the-back-of-your-mind sort of way, accepted the risk factor of car ownership.. that certain incidents are inevitable. That's why we have insurance to take care of that.
    Last edited by oj88; May 19th, 2011 at 11:48 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I'd probably get a lot of flak from this, but here it goes anyway. Remember, this is just my opinion! Play nice.

What some of you are proposing is not as simple as it sounds. If the management is made liable for anything that happens to your car, it will be abused by unscrupulous people. Anybody would just claim that their car got broken into or their car received a ding on their bumper, etc., while parked in their facility.

To prevent that from happening, parking facilities would have to take certain measures. If every nick, dent and theft will be charged to parking establishments, we're sure to have long lines at the entrance. Why? Ever received a vehicle checklist when you leave your car at a repair shop? Yes, parking establishments would have to do that too to prevent you and me from wrongful claims. How long do you think it'll take to document the contents and condition of your car? Parking establishments would have to do that to every single car that wants to enter their facility to deter fraud.

As it is, most parking facilities provide ample security to thwart off MOST theft. But to make them liable is probably asking too much. You basically accepted their waiver by parking there. If you don't agree with the stated policy, you're free to park elsewhere. Also, by owning a car, you already, at-the-back-of-your-mind sort of way, accepted the risk factor of car ownership.. that certain incidents are inevitable. That's why we have insurance to take care of that.
    i get your point but for me minor damage would be ok like getting a dent or scratched by another car di naman maiiwasan sa parking lot yan, it will always happen. but if your car is stolen, broken into, basically any major damage then the they should be liable because those can be prevented easily by just having cctv's around the lot and guards that actually do their jobs.

thumbs down on puregold quezon ave branch