New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The licensing system really sucks. When I upgraded from non-pro to pro, some guy was offering to put restriction 1 on my license. Para 'convenient' daw at least meron na. Sabi ko I can drive a truck, a lorry, or a bus but I don't know how to drive a motorcycle so I should not be licensed to drive one.

He just gave me a wierd look. Sarap upakan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    and please don't tax them riders. i'd think they are pro-environment by opting to ride 'clean' by not emitting COx and other greenhouse gasses.

...*kung* four-stroke engine ang gamit...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bike lane is not a good idea, it just might end up in the hands of Sidewalk vendor and Underbone riders with long maong shorts matching tsinelas with helmet on the siko.

A group called FIREFLY BRIGADE educates commuter cyclist.

So if you know one you can refer the cyclist to them.

Its better than ramming them hehehehehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i suggest that there should be a bicycle lane as well=)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    mura na kasi ang mga motorcycle ngayon kaya kahit sino nakakagamit nito. Madaming mga nag mc na walang mga drivers license lalo na yun mga taga probinsya.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think some of you are confused. I think the threadstarter is referring to the literal biker, as in bisikleta, not motorcycles.

Well, i ride bicycles also. 24-speed Mountain Bikes that is. I've observed that having a driver's license (that was acquired through legit and lawful process) is really useful because you tend to practice your driving habits. Although i can't do my 100kph-in-5secs SUV sprints, everything else seems equal esp giving consideration to other road users. Since i can ride a bike, i can also ride a motorcycle (been a motorcycle rider before also but within the neighborhood lang), i have a Restriction #1 in my license so as to be ready when my Aprilia Superbike arrives.

Biking in Metro Manila is like progressive suicide, sobrang polluted. We need cleaner fuels, cleaner cars, stricter enforcement on emissions etc. We need to wipe out those smoke belchers, phase out the not so efficient jeepneys, the idiot buses that gets us mad. In UP Diliman, they've started to enforce biodiesel fuel use on jeepneys. I say if a jeepney group doesn't want to adhere to the rules, banish them. We must be more responsible, di na pwede yung puro sarili na lang. We need to act and stand up. Our heroes didn't envision na ganito lang mangyayari sa atin.
    Last edited by Horsepower; December 27th, 2006 at 04:35 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Having a license or not won't make a difference. They can be easily faked or bought. It won't change the bad habits of a driver.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    whether on a bike, motorcycle, cars or suv's, puv's or buses, marami na talaga ogag sa kalsada.... sinamahan pa ng inefficient enforcers na kotongero plus bulok na sistema sa pagbibigay ng lisensya.... hindi natin maibibigay ang kasalanan sa isang grupo lang dahil karamihan talaga sa pilipino eh pasaway sa kalsada.... hanggang nandyan pa yan mga factors na yan, hindi mawawala ang mga ganitong eksena.... hay buhay....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
There should be a Biker's License