New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hell talaga naman ang Tagaytay traffic. Last time we're there eh nung may ni-cover kaming kasal, which was December 29. Umakyat kami ng 28 pero walang traffic. Pero nung pababa kami ng 29 ng gabi, via Sta Rosa route, ay sus ang traffic grabe! Paano kasi, yun fog eh sobrang kapal na at hirap yun mga sasakyan dumaan plus yun volume ng sasakyan pababa at paakyat ng Tagaytay ay madami din.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    The only problem with the Batino route is that it takes you straight to Tagaytay Highlands and you cannot pass through unless you are a member

The future Nuvali route takes you to the public road before the Palace in the Sky with less (I assume) residences and businesses along the way compared to the Sta Rosa route. The Alveo people confirmed that the road going to Tagaytay from Nuvali is being cemented and widened. I have not verified this personally though.

As for the Tagaytay rotunda traffic, whether you take Sta Rosa, Aguinaldo Highway or the future Nuvali route, it will still be there
    Yeah, it's for Highlands members only... It's a narrow road tapos nakikita mong nagkakasunod yung mga LC200, Expeds, Hiace Super Grandia ng mga member so nagbababaan sila sa shoulder para makalusot.

If one is heading to Calatagan/Batangas, is it better to take the STAR - Batangas City - Lemery route during peak times?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Hell talaga naman ang Tagaytay traffic. Last time we're there eh nung may ni-cover kaming kasal, which was December 29. Umakyat kami ng 28 pero walang traffic. Pero nung pababa kami ng 29 ng gabi, via Sta Rosa route, ay sus ang traffic grabe! Paano kasi, yun fog eh sobrang kapal na at hirap yun mga sasakyan dumaan plus yun volume ng sasakyan pababa at paakyat ng Tagaytay ay madami din.
    Yes, like your whole windshield is a blur....
    Experienced that too last end of December from Tagaytay to Sta Rosa night driving from a wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yeah, it's for Highlands members only... It's a narrow road tapos nakikita mong nagkakasunod yung mga LC200, Expeds, Hiace Super Grandia ng mga member so nagbababaan sila sa shoulder para makalusot.

If one is heading to Calatagan/Batangas, is it better to take the STAR - Batangas City - Lemery route during peak times?
    I would recommend via Tagaytay bro. From slex, exit at carmona and turn left at maguyam road. It will bring you to Silang and back to Aguinaldo hi way.... Which leads you back to tagaytay....

Or cross Aguinaldo Hi way near Riviera Golf Club. the road will lead you (by turning left) to a parallel national road passing by the town of amadeo. You will hit tagaytay road near Taal Vista Hotel...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    parusa naman talaga fiyan sa tagaytay kahit gabi na basta ganitong season.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Nagsasayang ka lang ng oras, pagod at gasolina pag pupunta ka ng Tagaytay tuwing Summer.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    The future Nuvali route takes you to the public road before the Palace in the Sky with less (I assume) residences and businesses along the way compared to the Sta Rosa route. The Alveo people confirmed that the road going to Tagaytay from Nuvali is being cemented and widened. I have not verified this personally though.
    If this is the one that passes by the Imelda mansion, this road is around 80-90% cemented, this is a favorite route of mountain bikers going up to palace in the sky.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    took me 1.45 hours from the usual 1 hour from Bicutan to Tagaytay last Thursday. traffic started in Sta Rosa but kudos to the enforcers who made it moving slow but sure. price we have to pay for development....traffic.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    took me 1.45 hours from the usual 1 hour from Bicutan to Tagaytay last Thursday. traffic started in Sta Rosa but kudos to the enforcers who made it moving slow but sure. price we have to pay for development....traffic.
    Price to pay for a 100,000,000 population.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Price to pay for a 100,000,000 population.
    lahat yan papunta ng tagaytay?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    better to take the old route - carmona, silang, aguinaldo hiway.. i went up to tagaytay last holy thursday afternoon. and it took me less than 2 hours.. those who took the sta rosa route took at least 3 hours. i went down yesterday at 6pm. i took the same route. tagaytay rotonda to carmona tollbooth took only 50 minutes. i was in makati in about 1.5 hours. easy stressfree driving !

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Terrible Tagaytay Traffic (summer weekends, esp holy week)