New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The first time I encountered this is from a "Citibank partner" who is offering a medical insurance package. The product is good actually, but when I asked if they can fax me a hardcopy of the contract for the terms & conditions - they said that they cannot. I said that I am a holder of several insurance & preneed plans and that I was surprised that they cannot give me one. They said that there's no written contract needed and that they'll just charge my CC.

The most recent is just a few minutes ago! He said that Visa/Mastercard is partnering with them. He claims that by using their "privilege card" with my credit card, I can get the "regular rates" of items - uh ok... like that is allowed by the DTI in the first place. So I asked if he can fax me a brochure, he said that they cannot since he is already the "walking & talking version of one". I then declined for the last time and he said in the ending "so ok lang ma charge ka ng P80,000 a year". Sinabihan ko na lang na "ang labo mong kausap".

Really weird on how some try to do business.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; August 24th, 2007 at 12:22 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same thing here bro.
    since my background is insurance, i believe that there should be a written contract signed by the buyer.

ganun din. pag humihingi ako ng written contract or details of the package, ayaw din nila magbigay.

DTI should ought to take a look at this.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can always "shove" them away by telling them the DTI does not allow such practices ....

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Maraming telemarketers ganun. Some even insist that you need to go to their office to claim "free" insurance! I once asked: "why not have the policy, terms and conditions delivered to my address?" Sabi nung telemarketer, hindi daw puwede, and they insist that I get it. Well, sabi ko nalang, "unless you want to deliver it, I'm not interested." Sabay baba ang phone.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mas ok me written contract and ask for an official reciept for each of your payments

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Don't start with telemarketers...

Once I sense it's a telemarketer, I hang up. I don't even bother wasting time talking to them. I know they're just doing their job, but man why do they have to insist on selling their product if nobody wants them?

Slightly OT: Enjoy this clip... http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

Telemarketing firms who don't give a brochure (via fax or email)