New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nakow baka may bumanat naman ng less carjackable: porsche, BMW, merc, audi, land rover, etc......kidnap naman kalaban mo dyan....lalo na kung high end models ng mga ito ride mo!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post

But I guess if you really have to get a flashy ride then you have to change your attitude just a bit by developing a big slice of paranoia so that you can be one step ahead.

+1 it also pays to be vigilant.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Don't be a victim, carry a gun.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    So far ok un idea nang GPS pero bilang lang sa mga lahat nang owner nang tsikot at un GPS para sa mga Class A na tao lang ang may kaya mag-palagay.
    Maganda sana at high tech un ganun pero di pa kaya nang Class B pababa. Mahal ang monthly fee para sa GPS. Dagdag pabigat sa budget, taas pa gasolina ngaun .

Ok sana un sa mga gasoline station... dahil walang sasakyan na di magpapa-gas... kaya kung sakaling naka network un mga gasoline station natin. Madaling matumbok nang autoridad kung saan parteng lugar mahahanap un vehicle , kumbaga parang may "lead" na (low tech nga lang di gaya nang GPS, real time) pero itong idea medyo .. it will take time ... at least may possible lead kung ma-trace di ba po?

Sana first step ito....

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    my opinion here is that for every countermeasure developed, there would always be a counter-countermeasure that will be created for it. It would be an endless cycle

Tama si liv, be vigilant.

OT: ala transformers nalang, pag icacarjack na un auto mo, bglang magtratransform sabay labas ng 120mm gun

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    buy a less carjack-able vehicle: if pang a-b lang naman buy the basic, ride you can own.. and dont be flashy too much.
    +1 ako dito Sir. A basic car can prevent you to become a victim.
    I wishing of having this car pa naman

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    try not to wash your car before going to a long trip like bulacan and pampanga. superv cleanliness catches more attention especially to those carjackers.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    buy a less carjack-able vehicle: if pang a-b lang naman buy the basic, ride you can own.. and dont be flashy too much.
    That actually also works against you, because they can get your car easier than they could with a more sophisticated security system, and what's worse is they can easily blend in the traffic.

I think a kill switch is best, hidden some place not obvious (or a false switch in your console). Vigilance is good, but situational awareness is better. For example, when walking to your car in the parking lot, try not to be on the phone texting or talking to somebody. Look at each car and see if some people are inside, and if you do see if you can walk farther away from those but not deviating too much from your intended pathway to your car. Do not carry your keys in your hand when walking, and only unlock the car when you're really close then lock lahat kaagad when you get in. Also park in well lit areas and avoid dark alleys or streets, or even dark parking spots in a parking lot if you can avoid it. Also get everything out before you step in your car so you can easily access your wallet, parking ticket, money, etc and won't fumble for them for the first few seconds you're in the car. That way you also know nothing will fall while you walk, and nobody can trick you into thinking something fell and they got your attention (which is a perfect time for them to grab you). Like I said vigilance is good when you know what to do when something happens but situational awareness is better.

Be safe out there.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sana may driver ejection device ala jet fighter controlled by SMS. Para pag kinar jack oto mo i text mo lang yung satellite para ma activate yung ejection mechanism..bye bye carjacker

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Sana may driver ejection device ala jet fighter controlled by SMS. Para pag kinar jack oto mo i text mo lang yung satellite para ma activate yung ejection mechanism..bye bye carjacker
    Hehe, ok ito a. :clap:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Suggestions to lessen Carnap-Carjack , whatever.