New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Tutal gusto nang gobyerno naka network tau thru broadband..

ayus un.. wag sana sa barangay ...hehehe.

Idea lang para ma-lessen un carnap and carjack...

1. magkaroon nang isang micro chip or whatsoever na ilalagay sa kotse para malaman ang buong detail nang owner (maging first owner to the recent owner), parang history nang sasakyan. Tapos mag-kakaroon nang gadget un mga pulis like scanner para ma-scan un sasakyan (parang un sa mga dept store na may dalawang bakal na nakatayo na pag lumabas ka tutunog).
    Alam kong matrabaho un paglalagay nang info sa isang large database pero pede naman gawin i fill up tapos ilagay sa usb drive-diskette-cd tapos i-copy thru HD nang database. that is one option na ma trace agad un sasakyan.

2. Lahat nang Gasoline station naka-network sa LTO - PNP-TMG-Limbas at lahat nang mag-papagasolina sa mga gas station ire-record ang mga plate number para ma scan (isang option na madaling ma trace ang sasakyan kung saan lugar man siya mapadpad at mataas ang recovery nang vehicle), at di rin mahirapan ang mga awtoridad, bounty hunter sa pag hahanap nang stolen vehicle. Lahat naman nang siyudad meron branch office nang government kaya madali na itong i update..

3. sa mga toll gate pede rin gawin katulad nang number 2... plate number lang ang ilalagay.

dagdagan niyo nalang mga bro... baka sakaling may makabasa at i-modify pa...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yep, that's a good idea. Pwede gamitin dyan ang RF microchips.

Pwede rin yan gamitin sa toll, load ka na lang ng credits.

Ang magiging issue lang dito, privacy. It would take a lot of political will to have this finalized and executed.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    it would be best if the manufacturers will add a homing device on all car's parts.so no matter where the parts/car go, they can trace it.just my idea

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Carjackers nows a day are sophisticated and no guarantee to any kind of security system in your car that can prevent them from breaking and entering.

Here in U.S we have a security system in car that called LoJack. This security system can pinpoint your car location anywhere in the continental United States via satellite from the Police or LoJack company. Still your car chopped down in 60 sec., by the time police got there, only the bare bone of your precious car left to be found.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Best would be to have a GPS based vehicle locator device installed. So if and when your vehicle is stolen or car jacked, you can have the police sent directly to it's GPS location. In the past local news, GPS has been used to locate the stolen vehicle in a very short span of time.

buy a less carjack-able vehicle: if pang a-b lang naman buy the basic, ride you can own.. and dont be flashy too much.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    as long as poverty is rampant, crimes would continue to flood the streets.....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I would suggest On Star. Wala pa siguro sa pinas ang technology na ito. The way it works, 1 call to your vehicles computer, it will shut it down remotely, rendering the vehicle useless.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    as long as poverty is rampant, crimes would continue to flood the streets.....
    tama. the best way to lessen carnapping is give them no incentive to do it in the first place.

other than that, there should be a more aggressive campaign to hunt down these lowlifes.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    buy a less carjack-able vehicle: if pang a-b lang naman buy the basic, ride you can own.. and dont be flashy too much.
    This is one of the best advice I've been hearing over the years. It is better to have a low-key vehicle rather than get what is the most popularly targeted by thieves. And when you do get your ride, try not to put on things that can draw attention to your ride like a loud sound system, expensive DVD screens, lotsa bling items.

I remember a thread here by a guy who lost his brand new Hi-Lux to thieves ( I think last year). I really felt sorry for him because he had "the works" done on his ride.

But I guess if you really have to get a flashy ride then you have to change your attitude just a bit by developing a big slice of paranoia so that you can be one step ahead.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; October 27th, 2007 at 03:08 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Suggestions to lessen Carnap-Carjack , whatever.