New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I just want to share my experience with globelines...

i have been a globe subscriber for many years you can almost call me a fanboy i have 3 postpaid lines with them...my experience with them was satisfactory so i decided to get them as my isp as well

my story starts last 7th of september as i went to a globe business center in greenbelt to apply for a globeline and dsl package it was very enticing imagine getting an internet connection of up to 1mbps and a land line on top for only PhP1295 talk about a steal as i was paying pldt PhP800+ for my phoneline and skycable PhP999 for my 500mbps cable internet, this was a real bargain

so being the spendthrift that i was i hurriedly grabbed an application form filled it up and payed my advance payment of PhP1295 dragged my ass out and went on to have dinner.

upon touchdown at home i found a letter on my junkmail , its from globe a flyer indicating that they have a promo "no cash out" for the same package i got and a free 1 month subscription" i felt like **** that i've been duped by the asswipe in the business center.... dialed their customer service and told them the story csr noted my complaint and called back the next day apologized for the incident "their representative was new and was misinformed" no biggie rest assured that my advance payment would be credited as another months payment so instead of not paying for just one month as per their promo i wouldn't need to pay for 2 months...

after 5 days ...

on the 12th day of september their crew came to install the line and internet apparently a sub contractor of globe (innocom tech) with office at dona soledad betterliving paranaque... clearly they don't practice business etiquette as they came to provide their service after business hours they came 5:30 pm i was already reluctant to have them push thru with their installation as thinking that they wouldnt finish in an hour.
    but the installers were persistent " sir sandali lang po ito sasabit po kami sa opisina pag hindi po namin ikabit ito" being the good samaritan that i am i gave them a go signal to start the installation. (damn installation lasted to almost 5 hrs i was already famished as i couldnt leave them. i had no maids only my wife and my less than a year old kid) pretty obvious i should keep a keen eye on 4 strangers frolicking in my living room...on the 5th hour i asked them "pare matagal pa ba iyan kasi may trabaho pa ako bukas at di pa kami naghahapunan mag anak nung pag dating ninyo kasalukuyang nagluluto ako inuna ko kayo kasi sabi nyo sandali lang" they replied: sir sandali lang dapat talaga ito ang problema ay nahihiya kaming magsabi sa inyo yung modem na dala dala namin para sa inyo ay sira pero may dala kaming mga personal namin na modem pinalusot namin sa bodega mas maganda modem+ router na kapag kinabit natin ito ay ok na hiingi lang kami ng for the boys na 2500; kapalit din po ng ibabayad ninyo ay ang serbisyo namin isang tawag nyo lang ay reresponde agad kami in less than 24hrs di kagaya ng sa call center ay 5 working days....
    famished tired and a bit mad still i managed to hold my composure i told them to give me only what paid for as i do not need a fancy router because i already have one. clearly they had no choice i wouldnt give in they brought a busted modem hoping that in despair i would pay for their modem...
    they told me that they were leaving as they dont have a working modem with them i replied that they already took so much of my time and nobody leaves the premises until a get a connection... after a few mins everything was working properly we all parted ways and in return i gave each of them 100 peso each nahiya pa rin ako dahil hindi ko sila napaghapunan kahit na natagalan kami dahil din sa katarantaduhan nila... after dinner as i was about to check my mail my internet connection was gone my landline has no dialtone clearly i was sabotaged... talk about dealing with animals; animal talaga itong mga hinayupak na ito nagsayang na ako ng 400 hindi pa sila nasiyahan at pinutol ulit ang linya ko.
    the next day 13th of sept i called globe brought the situation up and they assured me that within 5 days everything would be resolved so i waited patiently up to the 17th following up almost everyday: same apologies same promises by different csr there was even a time i was so pissed that i was asking for a refund the irony of it i was threatened by globes csr that i have a signed contact with them in case i have pre termination i would have to pay a pre termination fee WTF!*!*# damn i was so stressed for almost 2 weeks
    earlier 10 my wife received a call it was form globes technical crew told her that they would be arriving in a few minutes, so i told my wife that we might just as well wait for them... come 12pm still no technical team... so me and my wife agreed to just cancel all our agendas for the day and just wait for them after all we were waiting for almost 3 weeks so a few hours of wait couldn't hurt...

technical team arrived 5pm damn very professional... this time it was a different team but with a same agenda....to extort money from gullible clients...i acted naive... technical guy told me that there were compatibility issues with my laptop and their modem its working perfectly with their laptop they told me they were leaving and i might just as well call globe and wait for another 5 days, i told myself WTF!*#!*#!*# i asked them politely "pare baka may solusyon pa dyan" he replied excitedly "sir meron po!!! meron akong modem compatible ho hindi ka na maghihintay kasi kailangan ng konting for the boys" i told them magkano ba? 4k lang po ito so i said fine get the modem and wait for me i'm just going in my room to get the 4k

damn all four of them were smiling as if they won the lottery when i went back to the living room internet was already ok the new modem was installed... they did their part of the deal ambilis simpleng kausap prettly much like their ad campaign... so binigyan ko na rin sila ng 4k in fack sobra pa dahil kinasahan ko sila ng cal .45 heheheh i told them "pag hindi kayo lumayas sa pamamahay ko mga P.I. nyo yung 4k na hinihingi nyo ay kulang pa pang embalsamo ninyo heheheh

moral of this long story buy a gun its a wise investment mas simple ang usapan kung may baril damn globe!*#!*#!* damn all their sub contractors

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    siguro its because they are sourcing their installation needs. pero kung sa globe yan, tingin ko naman walang magiging problema mismo yan. i have been a satisfied client for almost a year now.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think you should report these people to Globe, so they would know kung ano nangyayari sa field

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I had the same experience with the sub con of globelines in one of our branches in Makati.

Sir tsy share po ako ng kwento ko.

So nag apply ng internet connection ang OIC namin dun, the following day eto na ang techinician setup then test ng connection. Hindi daw gumagana ang NIC, may dala daw sya personal binibenta sa OIC namin. Tawag kaagad ang OIC sa akin sa Dagupan, I told her wag mong bilhin yan dahil last time I checked walang problema ang Unit mo at ang network dyan.

I adviced her to have the installation rescheduled sa araw ng pagbisita ko. Here comes the day, I check the computers and network first thing in the morning before I head out with my driver pickup something. Eto na si technician install nanaman, ayaw gumana ng linya dahil may problema daw ang modem. Tawag agad si OIC sa akin, I adviced her na hintayin ako at ako ang magkakabit ng linya pag napagana ko eh papabitay ko sya sa driver ko.

Gues what? In less than 5 min tapos na installation nya. Heheheee...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Doble poste...
    Last edited by CoDer; September 22nd, 2008 at 10:14 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hmm. this is already the nth time i've read a complain about Globe services. it's seems that it's not really an isolated case. nananadya na talaga sila. given the fact that you've already paid for the amount that Globe themselves specified, yet you recevied a nerve-racking and head aching service from them (even the sub-contractors really did the servicing). so as much as possible, i would avoid making business dealings with them.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for sharing. It's a good warning to would be customers. A relative of ours naman had an incident with pldt phone connection contractors. Nawala lang yung dial tone. Nung dumating yung crew na subcon rin, modus naman nila is may sira raw ang linya, at aayusin lang nila kung may lagay sa kanila.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    tsy - sir natuwa naman ako sa ginawa mo haha.. so you mean pumayag ka na ikabit yun modem daw nila na mas compatible sa laptop mo, tas nun sinisingil kana saka mo binanatan ng .45? hahaha.. i can imagine na baka halos maihi sa salawal yun mga tukmol na yun!

after that ba sir, di nila sinabi na babawiin nila yun modem since ayaw mo magbigay ng 4k or kumaripas na sila ng takbo? hahaha..

nakakita ng katapat sir! saludo ko sa pagtitimpi mo at tama lang na may hangganan yun hehe.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ako wala pa 1week pinadisconnect ko na
    kse palpak ang landline nila... hindi ako
    macontact palagi daw busy line ko
    e wala naman gumagamit ng phone
    pag nacontact naman ako as in hindi
    ko maintindihan kausap ko sa ingay
    ng line nila pati internet connection ko
    palpak! kaya binalik ko smartbro ko...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang mabuti din, is hindi ka ni-report ng panunutok ng baril.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
GLOBE simpleng kausap