New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa EDSA papasok ng Congressional, halos galing ako sa center island when I turn right into Congressional.

Okey sa olrayt kasi mga hayup na bus. Nakikipag-huntahan pa sa MMDA na tambay dun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    never assume. bale-wala left/right signal light dito sa'tin.
    Like they say, ASSUME = make an ASS out of U and ME.

In US, one generally assumes that everyone else will follow the rules of the road. This allows higher average speed/system throughput, but also results in more spectacular accidents when the assumptions are broken.

In Philippines, my guess is that most drivers do not assume as much, or are more skeptical that anybody will follow any official rules, or put another way, they assume that anything goes. So everyone generally drives defensively, driving requires more attention, and accidents are rare relative to volume of traffic, but at a cost of much lower average speed/throughput.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    fafa Glenn, pa-right daw sya sa East Ave., not EDSA.
    ser..cruising along kamias daw..tapos right going to east ave. sa edsa ang daan pag nag right turn ka TOWARDS east ave.heheh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    ser..cruising along kamias daw..tapos right going to east ave. sa edsa ang daan pag nag right turn ka TOWARDS east ave.heheh
    hehe, sori po, probinsyano lang po
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    tama si tita! :jump2: dapat kasama mo sya palagi

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by e2fee
    Like they say, ASSUME = make an ASS out of U and ME.

In Philippines, my guess is that most drivers do not assume as much, or are more skeptical that anybody will follow any official rules, or put another way, they assume that anything goes. So everyone generally drives defensively, driving requires more attention, and accidents are rare relative to volume of traffic, but at a cost of much lower average speed/throughput.

true. when you drive in Manila, it will require your utmost attention. perhaps almost comparable to govt. soldiers patrolling rebel-infested areas. they'll never know when they'll get ambushed. like in Manila roads, we'll never know when we'll get hit by a truck, a puv, a private car, a motorcycle, a pedicab or a pedestrian. too many variables.

and not only that, if you have 5 destinations within a single day. that can total to almost 5 times searching for a parking space, 5 times opening your wallet & keeping parking tickets and 5 times computing in your mind your pay toll.

sometimes, I'm beginning to accept the idea that losing 6k-9k of my monthly income for a personal driver is the best thing I can do for myself. I'm still weighing it ...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Drive defensively talaga, kahit sa mga seemingly quiet subdivision roads.

Kahapon lang ang bilis tumakbo palabas ng gate ng neighbor ko isang bata (anak ng caretaker), tatawid sana ng street. Kausap me ni misis nun. Malapit na sumalpok sa front ko, buti nakita ko't nakaiwas me (mga 10km/h lang naman speed ko).

Mumurahin ko sana yung nagaalaga, but no adult in sight. Syempre di ko naman mumurahin yung bata (mga 4 yo lang ata). :fire:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Stupid Move