New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I was about to refuel awhile ago on the said station. As I was to park nearby the pump a swarm of squatter kids starting coming with plastic cups and start singing (obviously asking for money). Buti di ko pa pinapatay yung makina and I knew it was just trouble if I stepped down and fueled up there so I stepped on the gas and quickly left (to the dismay of the gas station attendant).

Petron QA should ask those squatter kids to leave, obviously it does sometimes scare away potential customers who don't like to be harassed by kids asking for dole outs (like me). I ended up gassing on the Shell station along Araneta Ave. cor Maria Clara...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's entertainment for the gas boys, and since it's Christmas afterall they'd allow it. The gasboys will most likely understand where they're coming from (squatters asking for money) so I doubt very much that they'd ask them to leave.

My point is, it puts me off too whenever I'm out and about and kids come up to me and ask for money, but they'll always come back no matter what any authorities try and do...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at the shell station where I used to fill up, the staff and guards normally shoo away the kids and other beggars that pester their customers.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I seldom get out of the car when filling up with gas (as a precaution to prevent static discharges). In situations where there are street children asking for money, I just wave them off. The worst they ever did was stick their greasy faces on the window, trying to get a glimpse of the movie I'm watching. :D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Daming ganyan sa A.boni ave corner Mayon..Similar kids pero hindi caroling, katok lang tapos hingi..Kainis lang yung didikit nila mukha nila sa salamin..Bakat na bakat lang talaga eh..Kakatakot din minsan yung mga mokong na yan at baka gasgasan ka pa, yung iba nakaupo sa center island at naririnig mo nagmumura pa..

Ginagawa ko na lang yung nabasa kong post dito, leave space sa kotse sa harap mo, tapos pag sisilip na mga bata, abante..May mga nakikita rin akong ganoon ang ginagawa [SIZE=1](OT na ako!)[/SIZE]

Buti na lang di pa namin na-experience ito sa gas stations..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mura abot nyan

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    problema natin nadudumihan salamin ng auto natin. sila ang problema kakainin nila.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    I don't give alms to these kids anymore. Sumasama na ugali nila. They would sometimes try to intimidate you with their incessant tapping on the window, some of them would display a bottle cap and use that to tap on your window.

Siga na nga mga ugali nyan e. Hindi na sila humihingi minsan ng pera, they're demanding you give them some money na. Kaya I'm wary of them, pag lumaki pa sila nang konti sila din ang manghoholdap sa mga anak ko.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i was with my family in batangas city couple of days back. may humingi sa amin while waiting for a green light. binigyan ni misis ng chocolate cake... langya instead na magpasalamat kung anu-ano sinabi gusto pala nila pera... ganyan na sila katindi ngayon...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rap05 View Post
    problema natin nadudumihan salamin ng auto natin. sila ang problema kakainin nila.
    '
    Bigyan mo ng pagkain, magagalit pa sila, I don't give to kids, problema ng magulang nila palamunin sila. I only give to the aged and handicapped.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Squatter kids caroling at Petron Quezon Ave. (the one near Honda Quezon City)