New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Why is it that highways in the south are not as strict as highways in the north?? Every time we travel to and from the south i get annoyed at these uneducated drivers. motorist that cruise at slow speeds on the over taking lane!! as much as possible, i only overtake at the left most lane, which is supposed to be the over taking lane. isn't there a law on this? compared to the north, motorists move to the slower lane if you flash them, but in the south...no reaction...dont they know what it means when i flash them?

just tonight while driving in Star Tollway, there was this grey innova with plate number ZNW 797, that was cruising at around 80-90kph.. i was doing around 100. flashed him once, twice three time. four times. five times.. still didint move away from the over taking lane. followed him for about 5 kms. then finally decided to overtake him from the slow lane. when i made a move, this uneducated driver sped up. this is so annoying. when i moved back to the over taking lane, he slowed down. much more annoying.

is there a number we can call to report these kinds of motorists?

i hope that when they finish the SLEX, they'll be as strict as NLEX on speeding and overtaking lanes.. i hate zigzaging cars on the highway..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    over taking lane? is there such a thing?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Baka "passing lane".....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kerik, i understand your sentiment. the startoll is a honky tonk hiway built just an alternative route. if ur asking for law enforcement on that hiway, there is none. you can even drive to the max if your daring. the only time u'll see an enforcer is pag may accident lang.

at slex, they only go for overtaking on the emergency lane or the right most side before. with the ongoing construction, lifted na yun. so let's wait if they would put that into strict compliance once the slex is done. my gut feel is, they might since there's already signs for "overtaking lane" in susana overpass.

on the uneducated drivers, i'd say majority of filipino drivers are uneducated when it come's to driving discipline & ethics.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    marami sa atin mga pinoy na pag walang bantay o naghuhuli, kahit na alam natin kung ano ang hindi dapat gawain ay ginagawa pa rin.

After na na rehabilitate ang NLEX. pinalitan ang label ng innermost lane mula sa fast lane to overtaking lane. tapos, ginawang bawal na mag babad sa overtaking lane kung wala naman uunahan.

Sa SLEX dati, If I am not mistaken, unang na implement ang no overtaking sa median. parang 550 ang fine sa huli.

Now during sa rehab ng SLEX, I think walang nag iimplement ng traffic rules and regulations.

If I am not mistaken sa star tollway, wala talagang "pulis".

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    andami din sa NLEX nyan... 60 ang takbo sa leftmost "fast" lane... wtf??

pag inoovertake mo na binibilisan, parang na iinsulto. ilawan mo ayaw tumabi. it seems people have forgotten the rules of old, andami na din kasi bagong drivers ngayon with none of the old school training.

wala ka na magagawa jan dre... if i were you i'd get the fastest, most powerful engined car you can buy. sa expressways, you have no obligation to follow anybody for miles and miles just bec they're slow. as soon as the way is clear, put the pedal to the metal and punch that baby for all it's worth. your reward is a dozen or so miles of clear, open road anyway...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But on NLEX, if the Patrol car spots you you're canned (Seen this several times, a friend was also caught for staying on the leftmost lane too long).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sa Star Toll based from my experience, pag nag flash naman ako umaalis sila sa fast lane but sometimes may ilan na walang pakialam. Kahit mag flash ka pa ng 4 or 5x, dedma. So instead na magpakahirap ako at mainis, overtake na lang ako..E di naiwan siya.. less stress. pwede ka pa nga mag over 100 if you like..120..140.. kahit 160 pa dahil walang pulis but pangit naman daan kaya di rin enjoy. Tama nga, meron lang pulis pag may accident.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ni wala ngang lanes sa SLEX.

IMO, what's more dangerous are those drivers who speed up when you try to overtake them on our 2-lane national highways.

I've encountered such drivers going north and south. pahamak talaga.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    andami din sa NLEX nyan... 60 ang takbo sa leftmost "fast" lane... wtf??

pag inoovertake mo na binibilisan, parang na iinsulto. ilawan mo ayaw tumabi. it seems people have forgotten the rules of old, andami na din kasi bagong drivers ngayon with none of the old school training.

wala ka na magagawa jan dre... if i were you i'd get the fastest, most powerful engined car you can buy. sa expressways, you have no obligation to follow anybody for miles and miles just bec they're slow. as soon as the way is clear, put the pedal to the metal and punch that baby for all it's worth. your reward is a dozen or so miles of clear, open road anyway...
    TS, agree! yan ang sagot and wala na remedyo dyan, kita mo bagong bago ride niya di alam gamitin ng tama

instead of isipin ang mga katangahan ng ilan unahan mo na lang ng biglaan. kung ayaw tumabi sa labas mo kunin.... now kung gusto mo gumanti dun ka naman sa harap niya pumwesto but for me no need na lang - di ko naman siya kilala para antayin eh
    Last edited by XTO; March 31st, 2009 at 08:57 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
South highways filled with uneducated motorists