New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I never really imagined myself writing here in goon squad regarding a personal unfortunate road incident. Last night I’ve just been into one. Now I’m just more than glad and thankful that I still get to share this with only a minor body ache and some scrapes in my arms.

With a slight drizzle at 9:00 in the evening, I cruised on my 100 cc bike along the flyover from Global City going to Buendia Avenue. (I would have used my car but I discovered that my brakes were faulty late in the afternoon.) I was only running around 40-50 kmh and I even turned my signal lights on just for added visibility. When I was already about to enter Buendia, I checked my mirror for incoming vehicles at my back and scanned the road coming from Edsa for the same reason. As soon as I hit Buendia, I knew from my mirror by their headlights that a car was behind me and far distant behind to my right was a vehicle larger than an average vehicle (I thought it has the semblance of an elf truck and it came from Edsa). Naturally, I stayed on my lane but kept my signal light blinking. It all happened so fast that in a matter of seconds, the vehicle on my right side was now on my shoulder. I only had a glimpse but I think it was a closed elf van, not sure if the night deceived me but I thought it has a red truck head. It did not give me an ample time to react coz at that instance, he swerved towards me and his side caught the steering handle of my bike. Next thing I knew, I was already on a perilous tumble down the wet asphalt road. I slid for about a meter from my bike in the center of the road. I remembered immediately picking myself up, knowing that I lie dangerously in the middle of the road. I know I even managed to throw an invective. Good thing the car behind was alert on the wheel and was able to screech to a halt. A cab driver pulled beside me, asked me if a vehicle hit me and I saw the closed van from a distant. I asked him if he can run after it for me coz I was not able to make out of his plate number when I was on the ground. He gave chase but I never really knew what happened (most probably tended to his passengers).

I went straight to the new Makati Central Police station beside the fire department to file my complaint but they told me instead to go to the traffic bureau beside the city hall. I filed for a report on the incident and I also got a medico legal exam. I believe I no longer have to say more of these police matters, they’re just downright disappointing.

Today I went to the offices of MAPSA and MAPA hoping that someone gave their deputies information about my accident but they also have nothing.

Sorry this has been a long one.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    holy crap!!! its good that youre okay and relatively unhurt. i hope that one way or another that irresponsible driver will be broight to justice.

ride safe

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hi Fellow Rider,

We could have traced the owner if you were able to get the plate number. Anyways, safe ride all the time and hope you recover soon.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Delikado talaga yung part na yan. kasi 2 lanes yung flyover and 2 lanes din yung galing edsa. tapos na mag memerge siya into 3 lanes. And most of the vehicles coming from edsa swerve to the right to turn left at paseo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    leoric,

Good thing it was just a minor bruise, when I use that bridge going home from work everyday I always give motorcycles ample space. One of the dangerous parts there is the metal bridging the gaps, very slippery when its raining. The bulkhead of the truck might have cleared you but the closed van behind it is much wider. Still no reason to give you space which is yours. I make it a point to give motorcycles their space and hoped that some riders would be as considerate enough to respect mine as well. No matter how careful we are there are tons of wreckless drivers out there.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    holy kamote. good you're okay sir.

sana mahuli yan...or makarma.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i'm glad you're okay, but must be really sore right now. i hope they catch the bastard.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yaiks!!! Sira yon a... this justifies my keeping mga 1 car length away from motorcycles kung walang traffic... idiot truck drivers... :swear:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Yaiks!!! Sira yon a... this justifies my keeping mga 1 car length away from motorcycles kung walang traffic... idiot truck drivers... :swear:
    you're lucky, you escaped in one piece. you must be
    feeling crap after the accident. mahirap mag motor sa gabi
    delikado mahirap makita. ingat lang nxt tym.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sir, pagdasal na lang natin sya. may konsensya naman siguro sya. mas mahirap na kalaban yun. lagi nyang maiisip na may naaksidente sya...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Someone nearly killed me and got away