New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    was studying (yes, my job still requires me to study) at Starbucks Technohub yesterday around 2130hrs with some friends when an irked lady approached the counter. Seems that she was trying to get into the uni*** rest room at the said Starbucks but an employee was currently utilizing said facility. So she knocked on the door quite loudly and when the employee emerged, the lady apologized. But the employee allegedly mumbled that there is an indicator at the door telling the person outside that the rest room was occupied. Apparently, lady did not see such indicator (I saw it when I used the rest room later that evening) and was insulted by the employee's remark.

So lady and her male companion talk to the manager. Employee (a girl in a man's body) said he/she did nothing wrong but still did not apologize for his remark. Lady gets mad and male companion gets madder shouting words like 'hindi mo kilala kung sino ang kinakalaban mo' or something to that effect. Manager asks guard to pull employee into the back room while manager tries to appease lady. The lady's companion storms out of the coffee shop.

A few minutes later, the companion comes back with what seems to be a pistol bag (I'm no expert, I use a 2Alpha messenger bag from Zimordane to store mine) and motions as if trying to present/draw his weapon in front of the employee. The lady and the guard try to stop him. He is shouting expletives as he is led out. The public is alarmed.

Yet a few more minutes later the manager appeases the lady (gotta admire the patience of that female manager) and she and her companion finally leave the premises.

Just my 2 cents. As a responsible gun owner, I don't think that having a disagreement over a uni*** rest room is reason enough to draw your weapon in a public place during a blind rage. Whether or not he is bluffing, most of the people in the shop would tend to think he was armed by the way he presented himself and the actions he took. Again, getting generalized as 'mayabang lang kasi may baril' type of fellow. Which is bad for us gun owners and another point for the 'Gunless Society' nazis.

The last time I checked, the only time you present your weapon is when you intend to fire it because there is an imminent danger to your life.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Tama yang post mo doc. Bagay na bagay sa goon squad.. Kaya nga ganyan ang action ng mga yan eh pang goons talaga.

Wala sa lugar si gun owner na idraw iyong kanyang gun eh wala namang banta sa buhay niya...

Masama talaga ang systema natin, biro mo at paano siya nakakuha ng baril at ganyan ang kanyang pagiisip. :rotfl:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    bro sana na picturan mo para na check natin if responsible gun owner ba and ma report sa proper authorities para ma revoke ang ptc at na post natin sa ibat ibang forum. this is the kind of people i hate, matapang lang pag may baril. isipin mo babae lang kaaway niya tatakutin pa niya ng baril. i'm also a gun owner but i have never pointed a gun at anyone, now that i carry a gun mas careful ako at mas takot ako ma paaway dahil pag binunot ko ang baril ko sigurado may patay and i hope that time never comes.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama ka bro, sana nga nakunan ko and I really regret that I didn't. Hindsight is indeed 20/20. Nung time kasi na iyon, nasa tabi lang kami ng counter naka-upo and I was trying to be the 'gray man'. Hirap na when sh*t hits the fan baka madamay pa. Was also looking after the people that were with me. I'll try to think clearer next time.

Actually, 'binabae' po yung kalaban niya. Ang babae po yung manager.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    kahit naman siguro ako bro mawawala na sa isip ko mag picture, all i'll think about in that situation is my safety. kahit na bading pa or lalake ang kalaban di dapat takutin ng baril unless may weapon na hawak or more than 1 ang kalaban.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sana parang Alaska na lang tayo where 6 in 10 is armed para mag-dalawang isip ang mayayabang na ogags. Sabi nga nila an armed society is a polite society.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ang tao, lalong tumatapang pag may baril..........

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Though I personally think it would be great to have gotten a picture of that man, I guess it's also well that you didn't. Who knows if he would get more irate if he sees his photo being taken?

Maybe that Starbucks has a CCTV?

On a related note, I think that Starbucks employee should be sanctioned by the management. Starbucks prides itself with not just selling coffee, but in creating "pleasant memories and experiences" which said employee blatantly disregarded. A simple "taking one for the team" would have prevented the situation from escalating.

BTT

Some people just don't really know what a gun is for. It's not to make people confident or feel strong or superior to others. It should be treated as an implement of last resort to protect one's life when there is a clear and present danger to one's survival.

The act of going out to apparently get his gun and return to the scene and and seemingly try to pull it out is just stupid and cowardly. Stupid because he could have opted to stop in his tracks and halt the escalation, but he didn't; and cowardly because he needed to have a gun to back up his mouth.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    ang tao, lalong tumatapang pag may baril..........
    not everyone bro. ako may baril pero it made me more careful and scarred of getting into a fight, read my 1st post on this thread as to why.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sabi nga nila,- "binunot mo,- iputok mo"...

12.7K:fart1:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Some dude attempting to draw firearm at Starbucks Technohub