New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    not so sure about that....

kung naka Expy ka or BMW kahit siguro mag tagalog ka all the way they will ignore you. pero kung naka AE92 ka even if you have a hugh grant accent di siguro nila yun palalampasin.

methinks if you speak in straight english mayayabangan lang yung mga kotong cops, thus sabotaging your chances to get away. unless nga lakas ng bling ng kotse mo.

on the other hand if your car is awe-inspiring, they won't stop you in the first place. couple weekends ago some guy with a Lamborghini Diablo parked it dun sa driveway ng market market. tapos umalis siya. halos magpalakpakan pa yung mga pulis at sikyu, tapos yung mga usisero pini-picture picture with their camera phones.

i found that vastly amusing kasi a couple cars in front of the lambo was a cayenne S which costs more. pero walang pumapansin.

anyway back to topic, basta nakakasindak kotse mo, safe ka. kung hindi, your pa-english-english will probably not get you anywhere.

just my theory..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Haaay, even when our law was made to be simple in order to dispel wrong interpretation, but is unfortunately, unintentionally (or intentionally) interpreted otherwise..... Only in the Philippines. You are right Otep, speak Straight Good English, best way to shoo away human crocodiles (buaya)...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    not so sure about that....

kung naka Expy ka or BMW kahit siguro mag tagalog ka all the way they will ignore you. pero kung naka AE92 ka even if you have a hugh grant accent di siguro nila yun palalampasin.

methinks if you speak in straight english mayayabangan lang yung mga kotong cops, thus sabotaging your chances to get away. unless nga lakas ng bling ng kotse mo.

on the other hand if your car is awe-inspiring, they won't stop you in the first place. couple weekends ago some guy with a Lamborghini Diablo parked it dun sa driveway ng market market. tapos umalis siya. halos magpalakpakan pa yung mga pulis at sikyu, tapos yung mga usisero pini-picture picture with their camera phones.

i found that vastly amusing kasi a couple cars in front of the lambo was a cayenne S which costs more. pero walang pumapansin.

anyway back to topic, basta nakakasindak kotse mo, safe ka. kung hindi, your pa-english-english will probably not get you anywhere.

just my theory..
    Well, the Lambo is a supercar, and the Cayenne is just ugly anyway so it wouldn't matter

Actually in some states here in the US the covers are illegal. Why? Because they prevent speed cameras and red-light beater cameras from effectively taking photographs of the license plates (which are reflective). At least that's how it is in California. But that's been beaten by a product that what I've heard is you just spray onto the plate. So technically you're not breaking any rules...

The problem with the document that Mazdamazda posted is there is no specific mention of that and it is therefore open to (mis)interpretation.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    the roof rack should also be registered with the LTO for it to be legal. kasama dapat sya sa OR ng registration ng car. Top Load ang tawag ng LTO dyan, and P100.00 lang naman ang fee.
    Sinagot na ni fafa boybi

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg_g View Post
    Haaay, even when our law was made to be simple in order to dispel wrong interpretation, but is unfortunately, unintentionally (or intentionally) interpreted otherwise..... Only in the Philippines. You are right Otep, speak Straight Good English, best way to shoo away human crocodiles (buaya)...
    The built-in smokescreen of the 4d56 also works. Hindi pa maaksaya oras mo.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    the roof rack should also be registered with the LTO for it to be legal. kasama dapat sya sa OR ng registration ng car. Top Load ang tawag ng LTO dyan, and P100.00 lang naman ang fee.
    Pati pa ba roofrack pinagkukunan pa ng pera? "Lang naman" is the key phrase most Pinoys use when they want to extort something and I can't blame Boybi if that's what they told him. I mean look at the MMDA conversations, very suggestive of that. What does the government get out of a freakin' roof rack?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pulis po ba or MAPSA yung nangpara sa inyo? AFAIK kasi, di nalalagyan ang MAPSA dahil masyado malaki ang benefits nila sa Makati.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Pati pa ba roofrack pinagkukunan pa ng pera? "Lang naman" is the key phrase most Pinoys use when they want to extort something and I can't blame Boybi if that's what they told him. I mean look at the MMDA conversations, very suggestive of that. What does the government get out of a freakin' roof rack?
    i think what he is trying to say is that registering your roof rack would just cost you 100 pesos. well just like with trailers, you need to register something which is not really a part of your vehicle

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by laklak View Post
    i think what he is trying to say is that registering your roof rack would just cost you 100 pesos. well just like with trailers, you need to register something which is not really a part of your vehicle
    Yes I know that, my point was that I don't see the point of having an additional fee to pay if you have a roof rack. It's like saying you have to add a certain fee if you have a tow hook, or an external spare tire. I mean, what's the point in that? Collectively that P100 will add up and they'll be happy again. Like I said it's "only" 100 Pesos pero it adds up given the number of AUV/SUV vehicles.

And what if it is part of your vehicle?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Two lessons here: 1) never ever bribe a cop. 2) just get rid of those covers. Wala syang silbi kundi aesthetics (and personally I don't like them), pampa-bigat lang yan.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Smoke plate glass daw...