New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Had almost the same experience with you TS. My car's right front tire run over a screw last week before I reached the calamba exit. These things don't happen at NLEX where I pass twice daily. I think the people behind SLEX do not care about their roadworthy despite of their whooping 300% increased.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^just last month, my car's left front tire ran over a small screw at NLEX. My truck is sporting 20s" so there were some air leak.

Yes, sh!t happens in SLEX.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    BTW, why do you expect the SLEX patrols to provide assistance when you are just changing a tire? Do you want them to change it for you or just let them park behind you and place some EWD and remove those road hazards? Minsan kasi may naliligaw na hazardous objects sa daan.
    in my case, i had a flat tire at STAR expressway just after passing Lipa exit on my way to Batangas. the STAR patrol (roving patrol) were immediately at the scene and they did change the tire for me (considering that it was around noon time and the weather was too hot) gave them a hundred bucks as a token of gratitude (though they never asked for any )

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gastromd View Post
    in my case, i had a flat tire at STAR expressway just after passing Lipa exit on my way to Batangas. the STAR patrol (roving patrol) were immediately at the scene and they did change the tire for me (considering that it was around noon time and the weather was too hot) gave them a hundred bucks as a token of gratitude (though they never asked for any )
    Girl ka po ba? naitanong ko lang. baka sa babae lang sila nagchachange ng tire for. kung standard practice that they can change the tire then that would be great. nakakahiya man aminin, di ako marunong magpalit ng gulong hahaha never pa naman ako na flatan sa loob ng expressway. pero naimagine ko na na baka ipatow lang ako ng patrol boys pag nakita ako sa tabe ng highway. pede naman pala sila pakiusapan magpalit hehe

twice na ko naflatan on provincial roads. twice i had to call home and asked to send someone to get me and change the tires. loser haha

OnT: NLEX is 10x better than slex. pati safety practices as simple as laying of cones e wordclass standard sa nlex. they follow certain length and approach on how to "latag" the cones. unlike sa slex tutok ang cones. biglang may cones na lang sa gitna ng highway. stupid talaga. walang commonsense. tsk tsk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    BTW, why do you expect the SLEX patrols to provide assistance when you are just changing a tire? Do you want them to change it for you or just let them park behind you and place some EWD and remove those road hazards? Minsan kasi may naliligaw na hazardous objects sa daan.
    The patrol vehicles are there to provide any means of assistance when needed. The sooner a disabled vehicle can be repaired or removed, the safer it is for the public and the better for traffic flow.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    OnT: NLEX is 10x better than slex. pati safety practices as simple as laying of cones e wordclass standard sa nlex. they follow certain length and approach on how to "latag" the cones. unlike sa slex tutok ang cones. biglang may cones na lang sa gitna ng highway. stupid talaga. walang commonsense. tsk tsk
    ganun na rin ngayon sa SLEX...baka na timing lang na walang patrol sa TS, 'coz I always see na pag meron nasiraan eh meron patrol car sa likod tapos naglalagay ng mga plastic cones.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ouch naman yan TS! but i agree napakadilim sa slex talaga. kakagaling lang namin ng wife ko sa tagaytay kagabi the whole time i was driving naka highbeam ata ako hehe. for the price of 157 PHP toll fee from C5-Eton, ripoff!!!!!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Dapat lighted na yung mga ilaw dahil nagtaas na yung toll fee

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Maraming ginagawa sa tulay ng Alabang. Baka isa ito sa kanilang ginamit na weights.

O, pinangkalang ng isang truck na tumirik, sa ibabaw ng tulay....

Ni wala man lang naglagay ng bato sa tabi ng kalye...

14.1K:tvcomedy:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The condition of SLEX between Alabang and Carmona has really gone quite bad for so long now and yet SLEX has not been doing anything about it and the TRB does not seem to be doing its job of requiring SLEX to properly maintain the road. After all, what is the toll fee for? When it comes to toll fee increases the TRB is very expeditious in settling things in favor of SLEX, but it all ends there. Even the VAT has been passed on to the poor motorists. We certainly deserve the kind of road that we are paying to use, not the dilapidated road that it is now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
SLEX bad trip