New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    "The Ferrari was a 30th birthday present to himself last year, and is a $1.8 million limited edition model."

Ouch. 599 GTO?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    parang real-world crash test ng EuroNCAP and the like. No braking at umangat pa yung blue taxi...

I also read the related article on the sidebar. may side airbag dapat yung hyundai taxi. unfortunately, the taxi company removed it to save on cost...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Wawa yung cab driver, decalred brain dead na...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sa sobrang bilis ng ferrari, i think kahit lumingon pa sya sa kaliwa di nya rin makikita ferrari.

This almost happened to me, turning left at an intersection, green ako but still i looked at left and right, and nakita ko ang layo pa ng mga parating sa kanan. Then all of a sudden muntik na ko mabunggo ng nag beat from my right.

What i can suggest lalo na sa mga hindi trapik na intersection. Lalo na yung hindi "barado" yung kaliwa at kanan mo, then green ka at una ka. Flash your light and honk your horn and still look left and right. Also ask your passenger to be a good co-pilot, tumingin din sya sa kaliwa at kanan, 2 pair of eyes are better than 1.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Sa sobrang bilis ng ferrari, i think kahit lumingon pa sya sa kaliwa di nya rin makikita ferrari.
    That's quite possible. Just by looking at the frames, the Ferrari or it's lights seemed to be nowhere near really and a small car travelling that fast at night wont really be seen oncoming at that speed.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama ba rinig ko sabi nun naka video..."lucky man" or "lucky lah" dahil hinde sila Ang tinamaan...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    walang safe na car pag hi speeds.

armoured kaya?
    The armored car is one of those instances where the extra weight of the vehicle actually goes into the crash structure and not just the load-bearing ladder-frame (SUVs) or engine cradle. So you'd think it would be safe...

But there are no crash tests for armored cars. Most local armored cars are adapted from trucks, and the armor is slanted to deflect rounds up (easy way to deal with small arms fire and some rocket attacks... angle the plate to deflect the forces)... so this means that the distance between the driver/passenger head and the windows is less... and there are no airbags to protect their heads from the heavy steel plate...

Even worse for the guys in the back, who are merely sitting on benches.

Granted, the weight of the armored car will absorb a lot of impact, but if they were also hit by a Ferrari going that fast, at least one person in the armored car would be dead...

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yes, always look left and right and never go ahead if there's a large vehicle blocking your view. Same thing to what happened with that accident of Rene Saguisag and his wife before.

What a waste of life, especially to the cab passenger being at the wrong seat/place at the wrong time.
    Lesson learned the hard way... hit by a jeep crossing the intersection waaaaay too late and waaaaaay too fast. And that was in my first year of driving.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I bet may kasama ding chicks si niky nun. Hehehe

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    A Chinese wealthy man who temporarily lived in Singapore. His wife was a famous Chinese TV hostess. The strange thing is that the girl on the Ferrari was not his wife, and the man's wife didn't know about the girl until the accident happened. Moreover, the female passenger on the Hyundai Sonata taxi is a Japanese girl.
    200km/h in a red light...
    Stupid driver

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Singapore Ferrari / Taxi Accident...