Sep 2005
    F.O.R.D.
    Fix Or Repair Daily

:lol:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    from diesel engine booster thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Field Master
    Yes, Medyo OT. Sometimes we are expecting too much for our vehicle. An AUV or SUV is not a race car but rather a 'people-mover" vehicle as PK puts it. Tow days ago I was a FORD EVEREST with all graffity (did I spell it right) on the body was parked along madrigal street in Ayala alabang, a stone-throw away from Ford Alabang office. The body was painted all over with remarks such as "We pay 1.3M pesos to Ford Alabang last 09/28/05 and only offer P975K to buy back, Lemon Car (on the hood)", " Its a Lemon ... drives like a Jeefney!!!(rear window)", " Bad Rear End!!! (on rear side). Hey what do you expect for a ride in leaf spring suspension. I got a photos on my cell but can't post it here as my phone IR is not working. I can send the photo thru sms and maybe somebody would like to post it here. Just PM me your cell number.

Since Alabang din ito, I'm pretty sure this is the one.

Concisely, given the evidence, they likely wanted Ford to fix the ride in the rear and were disappointed when the Service Advisor told them there was nothing wrong with it. (i.e.- talagang ganyan, matalbugin).

So then they asked Ford to buy it back... but guess what? No matter how brand new your vehicle is, once you've used it, it's used. No salesperson will pay brand new price for it, for one, and of course they're not going to pay full market price, because wala silang kita dun.

Thus, they scrawled their tirade all over their vehicle, destroying whatever goodwill they had left with the dealership, and absolutely ruining the resale value of their Everest... and every other Everest in Alabang. Wow... how unselfish of them.

Like I've said... Crosswind owners, we're more realistic about it. Either you put up with the excessive noise, smoke belching and harsh ride (but the fuel economy is tops!) or you sell it. You don't go to Isuzu and expect them to take it back because you didn't know it was like that!

____

I don't know why Ford casas get a bad rep. Service is actually good. But I'll give it a shot:

1. Ford parts for SUVs are not manufactured locally, and have to be imported. Parts for even local cars must be ordered from the factory, and waiting time for such uncommon spares such as trim items and cosmetics takes a long time. This has nothing to do with the quality of service, but it's taxing to have to wait a week or two to have your SUV's transmission parts shipped in.

2. Ford service centers are crowded. Maraming customers. (so many new and secondhand SUV owners) This produces long waiting lists, and some people don't like that. Despite the waiting time, I've found them accomodating, and they'll try to find a way to fit you in their schedule.

3. When you buy Ford, there's often the mistaken belief that you're buying upmarket or luxury goods. Thus, they expect them to last forever, or in the case of the people that own the Everest, expect them to feel like heaven on earth. Earth-to-Ford-Owners, they're just cars. The Everest isn't any different from any other pick-up / AUV.

We've talked to one of these ma-reklamuhim people before. He was incensed that the dealership couldn't match the paint on his car... in other words... match brand new paint with faded panels. Having done this myself numerous times, I know how hard this is to get perfect. The difference was already slight, but he was still fuming. Some people really expect too much.

4. There are things that do go wrong with Fords. There are various problems that Ford US-sourced SUVs have that are hard to diagnose and expensive to fix. The Lynx 1.6's electrical niggles are always a puzzle to SAs, though they're easy enough for veteran owners to pinpoint and diagnose. This has nothing to do with service per se, but people are often irate at having to go have their car serviced anyway.

Otherwise, Ford is like any other casa. They have both good people and idiots. I've never had any problems that were their fault... (knocks on wood)
    Last edited by niky; February 27th, 2006 at 04:35 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

nga naman! its one example na galit ung ibang novice JDM specifically delica owners, taobin daw, hellow, taas kaya noon!

honestly, nakakainis yang costomer na yan...yan ang hirap sa drive-and-ride pinoy car owners, di maintindihan...naghahanap ng magandang ride, confortable, mabilis e bakit di nissan cefiro v6, honda accord v6, camry v6, big expedition ang binili nila! kung ako ung SA, siguradong mababawasan ang costomer ng ford...

kaya number one rule in buying a car: never believe all the sales rep have said, research! aba di biro ang pera ngayon, ha!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    picture:

stolen from another blog site.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    My Dad's Ford Explorer's stereo electronics got fried. Apparently, nasa path ng isang malaking satellite dish yun explorer namin at one time daw siguro. Ford replaced it in 3 days. kaya happy kami sa Ford.

medyo sira ang tuktok ng owner na yun to vandalize his own vehicle. mas nakakatakot talaga ang mga self-righteous maprinsipyo kuno. kulang na lang mag-suicide everest nya sa tindi ng kahihiyan ...

This couple actually wants Ford to make their unit ride like an Expedition.
    this is so funny. sana ni-request nalang nila sa Ford na gawin gasoline everest nila

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... differential? (rential?!?)

Hmm... post ko nga sa Ford Club... but this all really depends on how bad the driver is/was. Kung proven na fault ng driver yung damage, then that can't be covered by warranty.

Just a thought...

Mga 4x4 peeps... will driving with 4x4 engaged on the road destroy the differential?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Idiots crawl the earth.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Being an Everest driver, i think the guy is expecting heaven and earth from his ride (or he just got real bad lemon).

The ride is bouncy but it isnt as bad as what i had on my pick-up (uhm... the Everest is also based on the Ranger), OME shocks were installed and it runs better even if i put 35psi in the tires.

The diesel engine clatter is there but the vibration is very well harnessed.

Power? An indicated 170kph on the NLEX is attainable ;) The similar-engined 2.5L TDIC Pajero is behind in power delivery.

Talk with any of the TG and C! Mag guys and they have oodles of respect for this ride on and off the road.

Reminds me of the Urvan Estate before with the "Do not buy this type of van" painted on the rear... Same owner perhaps? :D

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Ah... differential? (rential?!?)

Hmm... post ko nga sa Ford Club... but this all really depends on how bad the driver is/was. Kung proven na fault ng driver yung damage, then that can't be covered by warranty.

Just a thought...

Mga 4x4 peeps... will driving with 4x4 engaged on the road destroy the differential?
    sir depende. sa 4L hanggang 100 kph yata pwede. sa 2L hanggang 20 kph lang, off road pa. kung yung owner ng Everest na ito e naka 2L while on-road- ay naku, malamang nga yan sira ang differential nya...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Not really, the tires and clutch will probably go first.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Sighting - A Ford Everest in Alabang town center