New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    baka may branch na ang BIR sa mall... or baka bumili lang ng regalo kasi bertday na ni meyor...

bwiset.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Simply put, those government vehicles with Red plates are [B]"For Official Use ALSO"[/B] hehehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    i asked this before in another thread about use of government cars...

ano ba ang rules for using a government vehicle? is it "for official use only", like a cop car which should only be on the roads when it's "on duty"....? or are some government vehicles a 'perk' of the position, the same way corporate execs get a car, driver and allowance for their business as well as personal use?

dito kasi sa US kahit cop cars (unmarked) inuuwi ng mga detectives and it's not a problem. minsan required pa nga because they might be asked to come into work while they're off shift. high government officials have government cars, drivers and security for their personal and family use as well. it all comes with the position.
    To be honest the real problem with "For Official Use Only" is that it's vague. What exactly is "official use" anyway?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by laracroft
    as i was about to leave Festival Mall, Alabang
    last night after getting some groceries, i saw this
    green nissan sentra with red plate SET 601
    leaving the parking area.

it was already 8.20 pm.
    i wonder where they came from
    and where they were going.
    overtime? sa Mall?

i think all government vehicles should
    have this sticker at the sides and
    at the rear saying,
    "THIS IS WHERE YOUR TAXES GO."

note:
    to the mods, if there has been a
    redundancy due to this thread,
    pakilipat na lang po. thanks!
    sarap siguro gumawa ng sticker na "THIS IS WHERE YOUR TAXES GO! -tsikot.com" tapos idikit sa mga salamin government vehicles habang nasa goodtime ang mga magagaling na binabayaran ng buwis natin para mahiya naman ang mga mokong...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from the responses on this thread, i guess that the tsikoteers who bothered to reply all feel that under no circumstances should a red-plated vehicle be seen at a place of leisure.

just to play devil's advocate, how about we consider that these vehicles are already paid for with the taxpayer's money, and if a government official uses it after hours, there's no extra cost to the taxpayer except if the official uses govt funds to buy gas. like i said before, how is that different from a corporate exec who gets use of a company car and a car allowance every month?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    .....kung sila sana nagpa-pagas (which i doubt) di issue saken, pero if 'twas a brand spanking new 5-series na naka-red plate baka mabwiset pako.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On my own opinion.. kung sa mall lang at weekdays Ok lang siguro.. pero kung Weekend pangit na tingnan..Kung sa mga Bar at Massage Parlor mo makikita mas masama tingnan..

tanong ko lang sa GOV. lang ba talaga ang RED Plate?? How About NAPOCOR??? parang naka red plate din yata sila..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka may dinaanan nga lang...kayo naman..hehehehehehe

wala na tayo magagawa dyan..kung talagang galit kayo dun sa mga gumagawa nyan...magreklamo kayo mismo dun sa opisina ng gobyerno..para hindi sayang yung pagrereklamo natin..hehehehhe..o kaya lapitan nyo yung driver at usisain kung bakit nandun yung sasakyan...hanapan nyo ng travel permit...wala naman problema kahit weekends basta meron silang ipapakitang travel permit...

halimbawa empleyado kayo ng gobyerno tapos bigyan ka ng sasakyan and gas allowance....tatangihan mo ba??...
    Last edited by ozcity; February 2nd, 2006 at 12:14 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Mga pare, maybe you could help me out. Been wanting to complain about a reckless driver. Government vehicle and plate number. San ko ba pwede itong ireport? I dont know kung what government agency the vehicle belongs to kasi walang sticker or markings. Salamat mga parekoy!!!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    better kung sumbong mo nalang kay tulfo or sa imbestigador mas mabibilis kumilos ang mga government agency kapag nasa media kasi ayaw nilang makitang wala silang kwenta mag trabaho :D

Quote Originally Posted by brentcruz View Post
    Mga pare, maybe you could help me out. Been wanting to complain about a reckless driver. Government vehicle and plate number. San ko ba pwede itong ireport? I dont know kung what government agency the vehicle belongs to kasi walang sticker or markings. Salamat mga parekoy!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
SET 601 (Government vehicle) sighted in Festival Mall