New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's too good to be true, then it's not brand new. My bet is on repossessed secondhands with rewound odometers.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If it's too good to be true, then it's not brand new. My bet is on repossessed secondhands with rewound odometers.

you are wrong chief as it is really brand new and just released from the dealership complete with authentic multiple sales invoice for coding purposes.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah. Read more thoroughly. That is nasty.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    bagong modus operandi na naman. hayahay !

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron din nag pose selling brand new units. Brand new pero nalubog pala sa baha dati.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    you are wrong chief as it is really brand new and just released from the dealership complete with authentic multiple sales invoice for coding purposes.
    2nd hand niyo po nabili Monty niyo sir? Sa sulit rin ba?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    as the saying goes "if its too good to be true..."

i forgot the rest. hehe
    If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This modus has been around for quite a while. I know of one large dealer who got hit by someone who did this (covering several SUVs and mini SUVs). They shelled out quite a sum to get all the units back from the suspects and the unsuspecting buyers (and this involved getting the help of the authorities).

The funny thing is the bank involved (unfortunately i don't know who) even issued a guarantee for all those vehicles and then cancelled those guarantees right after the cars were released. Chances they discovered it was a syndicate and cut it all immediately. The dealer was left to dry so they had to act fast just to track and get all the vehicles back. They were lucky as they got all the cars back and most had only a few hundred kilometers on them. However the end buyers they got the cars from were not so lucky as they incurred losses and had their cars confiscated. Their only resort is to go after the perpetrators to the crime. The dealer took the financial hit and resold the recovered cars as second hand to recover costs. The units were garaged for several months to undergo some court proceedings and when they were clean already, these were resold by the dealer at a discount (300-400K less than brand new).

Caveat emptor indeed!
    Last edited by vinj; October 8th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    This modus has been around for quite a while. I know of one large dealer who got hit by someone who did this (covering several SUVs and mini SUVs). They shelled out quite a sum to get all the units back from the suspects and the unsuspecting buyers (and this involved getting the help of the authorities).

The funny thing is the bank involved (unfortunately i don't know who) even issued a guarantee for all those vehicles and then cancelled those guarantees right after the cars were released. Chances they discovered it was a syndicate and cut it all immediately. The dealer was left to dry so they had to act fast just to track and get all the vehicles back. They were lucky as they got all the cars back and most had only a few hundred kilometers on them. However the end buyers they got the cars from were not so lucky as they incurred losses and had their cars confiscated. Their only resort is to go after the perpetrators to the crime. The dealer took the financial hit and resold the recovered cars as second hand to recover costs. The units were garaged for several months to undergo some court proceedings and when they were clean already, these were resold by the dealer at a discount (300-400K less than brand new).

Caveat emptor indeed!
    Were these Montero units also chief?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Were these Montero units also chief?
    Nope. This happened in more than five years ago already and i learned of the real story around two years ago only when i got to talk to one of the dealer principals. The units involved were mostly Xtrails and Patrols.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast