New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    i will be getting a 2011 GLS V this Monday and finally giving up my 2010 Fortuner. when i was shopping for a unit, there is a seller in sulit selling brand new 2012 GLS VGT with insurance for 1050000 only and paid in cash. the catch is that you get the OR and CR only after two months from a sub dealer. a famous PBA player almost bought one but he was also alarmed. as in nasa loob na sila ng bangko at nagbabayaran na. he just let go of his 5k deposit and cancelled the transaction. i asked people in the car trading business and they said its most likely what they call the "talon" scheme. meaning this pseudo sub dealers buy from Mitsu dealers with minimal downpayment and look for quick buyers. they then disappear and it is now your problem to face the bank as they did not pay the balance. very smart, right?

just be careful everyone.

i posted this in the Mitsu thread just to call the attention of more people. According to the agent, the sub dealers place is along Mindanao Avenue and this is where the turnover happens.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    thanks for the heads-up.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    as the saying goes "if its too good to be true..."

i forgot the rest. hehe

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    "if it's too good to be true.....It's not". :-)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Mga sirs tanong lang there's a rumor here in our place that one businessman bought a 2012 fort 3.0V for 900k but or/cr will be given after 6mo. The fort already has a plate number(is it possible to have a plate no. without or/cr?) pero nagtaka ako after ilang days it was covered by a very dark plate cover i mean makikita mo lang if your like a meter away from the fort's front. Pero that's just a rumor, mayaman naman talaga ang bumili nun pero malay din natin gusto makatipid by almost 50%. Lets say the rumor is true, If the authority finds out the car is what the TS is also describing what would happen to the owner and the fortuner?

I've been wanting to post this since before pero im afraid someone would investigate me. Hehe. Pero since opened up na pwede na.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by henyomzky View Post
    Mga sirs tanong lang there's a rumor here in our place that one businessman bought a 2012 fort 3.0V for 900k but or/cr will be given after 6mo. The fort already has a plate number(is it possible to have a plate no. without or/cr?) pero nagtaka ako after ilang days it was covered by a very dark plate cover i mean makikita mo lang if your like a meter away from the fort's front. Pero that's just a rumor, mayaman naman talaga ang bumili nun pero malay din natin gusto makatipid by almost 50%. Lets say the rumor is true, If the authority finds out the car is what the TS is also describing what would happen to the owner and the fortuner?

I've been wanting to post this since before pero im afraid someone would investigate me. Hehe. Pero since opened up na pwede na.
    Kung wala din naman basis talaga, wag maging tsismoso. :D

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    hahaha agree :D give him the benefit of a doubt. malay mo dahil mayaman sya, marami siyang connections kaya nakabili ng ganun kamura

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    Lets say po totoo, assume natin na totoo.

What would happen to him and to his car?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by henyomzky View Post
    Lets say po totoo, assume natin na totoo.

What would happen to him and to his car?

bank will go after his car and not him since hindi naman siya ang may utang. bandang Mindanao Avenue din niya nakuha yung unit?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dalawa lang yan..either gusto mo maka tipid pero di masarap ang tulog, o magbayad ng tama pero may peace of mind...alin ka sa dalawa

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast