0 0%
  • Not cool

9 100.00%
  • Don't care

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    In one of our family drives, my 8 year-old daughter suddenly muttered a bad word. It took me and my wife by surprise so we asked her where she learned it from. She casually pointed at the car in front of us. The subject decal is a black font on yellow background that read "T*#g1n*m0" (except that it wasn't as cryptic), affixed to the rear windshield. And in case that wasn't enough, the same car had a middle finger decal on the bumper as well.

It's technically not against the law (freedom of speech and all), but, come on! Don't these people care about common decency? Or is that also going the way of common sense.... which is, also going out the door?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    In one of our family drives, my 8 year-old daughter suddenly muttered a bad word. It took me and my wife by surprise so we asked her where she learned it from. She casually pointed at the car in front of us. The subject decal is a black font on yellow background that read "T*#g1n*m0" (except that it wasn't as cryptic), affixed to the rear windshield. And in case that wasn't enough, the same car had a middle finger decal on the bumper as well.

It's technically not against the law (freedom of speech and all), but, come on! Don't these people care about common decency? Or is that also going the way of common sense.... which is, also going out the door?
    no, they don't.
    reminds me of our HS classmate. ever a profane word, each and every time he says something. except when reciting in the classroom.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005

theyre just begging to have their rides posted on soc med. why not indulge them? isnt there even a sense of duty to do it?

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    honda civic ba bro? LOL
    seriously, maski nga fake taxi sticker lang parang cringe worthy na eh' tapos yan PI talaga

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm not about to go down the path and call them out for this. Again, they have that freedom. I'm just after everyone's opinion whether or not this kind of behavior is acceptable.

Then again, freedom has consequences.

Anyway, I have made my opinion and position known. Baka kasi ako lang... being in parent mode and whatnot.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    honda civic ba bro? LOL
    seriously, maski nga fake taxi sticker lang parang cringe worthy na eh' tapos yan PI talaga
    Close... Jazz.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    I'm not about to go down the path and call them out for this. Again, they have that freedom. I'm just after everyone's opinion whether or not this kind of behavior is acceptable.

Anyway, I have made my opinion and position known. Baka kasi ako lang... being in parent mode and whatnot.
    buti pa ikaw, na realized mo yun freedom nila; pero sila di nila naisip yun

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    buti pa ikaw, na realized mo yun freedom nila; pero sila di nila naisip yun
    Kating-kati na ako i-bash, hehe. Pero hanggang kaya, one must take the high road.

It's my hope that the resulting consensus from this poll might discourage other car owners from doing the same. They may think that it's all just done in jest, but IMO, they're really offensive.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008

IMHO freedom has its limits. If the profanity was written and limited to the boundaries of his property I wouldn't have a problem with it. But to see that sort of thing in public... I'd do something about it.

You're absolutely in the right to be upset. To me that's about the equivalent of having people running around naked in public.

Did you catch his plates by any chance?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    IMHO freedom has its limits. If the profanity was written and limited to the boundaries of his property I wouldn't have a problem with it. But to see that sort of thing in public... I'd do something about it.

You're absolutely in the right to be upset. To me that's about the equivalent of having people running around naked in public.

Did you catch his plates by any chance?
    I'm not sure. I have to check the dashcam. It happened during the weekend so it may have already been recorded over.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Your general opinion on car decals/liveries with profanity, literal or implied?