New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Tsikoteers, please see this very important matter on youtube. This may explain some incidents and accidents that happened to us.

It reminds me of the Ateneo incident and the APV incident as well here in our threads. This floor mat thing also happened to me personally pero buti walang masamang nangyari sa akin.

Search this on youtube:

Death by Floor Mat? Toyota Investigates

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ippnztg3A_o&feature=fvhl&hd=1"]YouTube - Death by Floor Mat? Toyota Investigates[/ame]

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I haven't seen the video but I am assuming that this has something to do with the matting sumasabit with the pedals? It happened to me once and I couldn't depress the brake pedal. Good thing I didn't get into an accident as I was able to pull the matting back.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I haven't seen the video but I am assuming that this has something to do with the matting sumasabit with the pedals? It happened to me once and I couldn't depress the brake pedal. Good thing I didn't get into an accident as I was able to pull the matting back.
    Yes, what happened to you happened to me as well exactly. Swerte tayo walang nangyari sa atin na masama.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    On the video, the 911 operator asked if they tried turning the engine off... apparently it wasn't relayed to the driver cuz they were about to crash. They could have shifted to neutral too. I guess the occupants of the car were already panicking...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    nangyari na sa akin sumabit tsinelas ko sa brakes hehe muntek ako bumunggo sa l300 tapos nung isang beses ung ruber mat dumikit sa clutch ko naman hehe

pero ang nangyari sa akin na muntek ako mabanga ng matindi eh nung nagstuck sa mismong karburador yung throttle pumalo ako ng 80 sa vilalge at dahil nung time na yun nagaaral palang ako nagpanic ako at d ko naisip magneutral hehe

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    This happens because of the design flaw. (yung sa ilalim ng floor mat eh hindi kumakapit sa floor ng sasakyan) Dati sa akin naman hindi ko ma-press ng maigi yung clutch dahil napunta sa pedal press part na yung mat.

solution is pinapalitan na namin yung ilalim ng floor mat, ayun ngayon hindi na siya gumagalaw sa paanan.

dapat rubber ang ilalim ng mat hindi plastic.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Delikado talaga yang loose floor mat kaya lahat ng floor mat ko naka velcro straps sa ilalim kaya di gumagalaw.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If the pedal is way below rather than raised up it would be easily caught by a moving floor mat. Otherwise it would slip under the pedal and prevent the driver from pressing the gas pedal rather than press the pedal by itself. Even if a floor mat is stuck to velcro, in time it will loosen and move or drift slowly towards the front. Unless pasaway at pinatong patong floor mat sa driver area, this is a design flaw.

Dapat pala check natin pedals for this low design.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    get one of those aftermarket pedals set. this will make your pedals wider, thereby lessening the risk of your pedals getting stuck under the mats.

... and if youre gonna be wearing flip flops, sandals, or any other loose footwear, do what my friend does - she drives barefoot para walang sumasabit sa pedals or loose floor mats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
search this in Youtube: Death by Floor Mat? Toyota Investigates